Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Need to disable automatic size detect on Bypass - Bizhub C284e

Hello, guys. I´m having problems with auto size detection on Bypass. I use some paper with 193mm x 660mm, but the driver don't accept values lower than 210mm. When I put the paper, the printer rejects because paper is 193mm, and in the driver the value is 210mm. Is it possible to disable auto size detect on bypass?

Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Need to disable automatic size detect on Bypass - Bizhub C284e

Re: Need to disable automatic size detect on Bypass - Bizhub C284e

Quote Originally Posted by nenebrown View Post
    Hello, guys. I´m having problems with auto size detection on Bypass. I use some paper with 193mm x 660mm, but the driver don't accept values lower than 210mm. When I put the paper, the printer rejects because paper is 193mm, and in the driver the value is 210mm. Is it possible to disable auto size detect on bypass?

Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried custom size on the MFP?
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Have you tried custom size on the MFP?
    Hi, habik. It´s a mini-banner print. In this case, you cannot put custom size in the machine, I think... is it possible?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Create a custom size, width can go to a short as 90 mm, length can be as short as 139 mm. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

The driver doesn't accept this values while using Mini banner. It changes to 210mm, instead of 193mm.

Then I put 210 x 600, but in the MFP, when I adjust the tray to 193mm, the machine rejects the paper. And in the mini banner mode, the machine does'nt allow any adjustments in the screen.

SnapCrab_NoName_2015-3-12_11-53-53_No-00.jpgSnapCrab_NoName_2015-3-12_11-53-39_No-00.jpg

When we do banners, we use Power Point as the file type and banner mode on the MFP. We create a custom size for the power point slide and is has always worked. I'm not sure what a mini banner is, but give it a try. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    When we do banners, we use Power Point as the file type and banner mode on the MFP. We create a custom size for the power point slide and is has always worked. I'm not sure what a mini banner is, but give it a try. Emujo
    Mini banner is the special mode in Bizhub, you can print up to 1200mm x 297mm; I use 193 x 660mm, but in this special mode, you only turn on this feature in the machine; it´s not possible to enter any values. And in the driver, the size is 210mm minimum, in this special feature. So, I put 193 x 660, the machine changes to 210 x 660; the paper is 193mm, so when I put in the machine bypass, the machine rejects, because is not 210mm; the sensor of size recognizes 193mm.

never heard of it (maybe it's a regional thing) but if you can't make any changes to the settings, then it looks like you will have to find the matching paper size to complete your mini banners. Emujo

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would just put a shim in the bypass tray that holds your 193mm paper snugly and leaves the paper guides at 210mm. Adjust the document margins to make sure you don't print in the "extra" 17mm of paper that isn't there. Worth a shot anyways, and at least you'll figure out whether the rest of the paper path sensors will even accept 193mm paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    I would just put a shim in the bypass tray that holds your 193mm paper snugly and leaves the paper guides at 210mm. Adjust the document margins to make sure you don't print in the "extra" 17mm of paper that isn't there. Worth a shot anyways, and at least you'll figure out whether the rest of the paper path sensors will even accept 193mm paper.
    That´s a good idea! I´m gonna try!
    Thanks!