Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scan problem

Scan problem

Hello, I have a Konica Minolta C220 which was printing lines when copying colour copies. I tried an initiliazation of the machine through service mode, but now I cannot scan. I press the scan/fax button but I hear two beeps and nothing more. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and enable scanning again?
    I also tried to add an address through webpage but there is no option for address book.

Thank you in advance.

John

Technician

Re: Scan problem

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF1983 View Post
    Hello, I have a Konica Minolta C220 which was printing lines when copying colour copies. I tried an initiliazation of the machine through service mode, but now I cannot scan. I press the scan/fax button but I hear two beeps and nothing more. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and enable scanning again?
    I also tried to add an address through webpage but there is no option for address book.

Thank you in advance.

John

go to in service menu and turn on hard disk

You are correct. Thank you very much.

But even though I fixed the scanner, my issue that I had with the machine and the reason why I did the initialization remains.
    When I copy in colour, there are cyan lines on the copy. On black&white copies or when scanning on pc there are no lines at all.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF1983 View Post
    You are correct. Thank you very much.

But even though I fixed the scanner, my issue that I had with the machine and the reason why I did the initialization remains.
    When I copy in colour, there are cyan lines on the copy. On black&white copies or when scanning on pc there are no lines at all.

Ah the blue lines of shame, you need to run through the full machine installation procedure as this is what happens when you first setup the device from new

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    Ah the blue lines of shame, you need to run through the full machine installation procedure as this is what happens when you first setup the device from new
    I ran the procedure but the same thing happens. I also did a second initialization and did the procedure again.. just to be sure, and still happens the same.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan problem

Post a sample please
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

the dreaded lines of shame.....
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan problem

Still sounds to me like you missed something in the set up process. Make sure you follow it exactly make sure you even put in the correct serial numbers. I know Konica isn't as strict but I missed one little step on a Muratec and it drove me crazy until i did it right.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan problem

Make sure you calibrate the touch screen in Accessibilty first if it's available. Run all steps in the setup guide until you get to printing out the lists. I found at least one model that didn't include touch screen adjustment in the set up steps but it needed to be done first anyway.

After running the procedure 4 times from the beginning until the end, it finally works.

Thank you all for your replies.