Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica 222 feed problems

Re: konica 222 feed problems

If you check the 1-way in ADF, you'll see it nicely oiled up. And it has plastic casing (#Hansoon).
    I've used few oils and so far gearbox oil does the trick. But first a good spray with IPA to get the muck out use corner of lint free cloth(cotton sheets although the new sheets are crap as they semi/synthethic)

Also there is bulletin for side door on vertical path which you want to check and a conveyance roller in vertical path.
    I know the feeling of 2nd visit final fix! Good luck mate and heads up. We are all humans and so is the client! Just smile

I change them every 2nd tyre change(mark it wit permanent marker)

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    konica 222 feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    If you check the 1-way in ADF, you'll see it nicely oiled up. And it has plastic casing (#Hansoon).
    I've used few oils and so far gearbox oil does the trick. But first a good spray with IPA to get the muck out use corner of lint free cloth(cotton sheets although the new sheets are crap as they semi/synthethic)

Also there is bulletin for side door on vertical path which you want to check and a conveyance roller in vertical path.
    I know the feeling of 2nd visit final fix! Good luck mate and heads up. We are all humans and so is the client! Just smile

I change them every 2nd tyre change(mark it wit permanent marker)

I too have the seen the cleaning fix (99% isopropyl), as yet have never had to oil a one-way in the white or black plastic cage and very very rarely had to replace one either. This pertains the feed units on multiple KM machines particularily... I might lightly clean the shaft as well... have yet to have a return call on one that was done this way.

My 2c worth!

Regards!
    A.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

This pertains the feed units on multiple KM machines particularily. PREVIOUS REPLY

DOES KM refers to konica minolta or kyocera mita ?

It is good that the replies about one way bearings are coming in. So far, techs are posting with diffrent methods they use to clean and lubricate or not lubricate them.

aslo good to hear opinions on electronic and spring loaded clutches . service or just replace ?

LET THE VOICES KEEP ROLLING.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

konica 222 feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    This pertains the feed units on multiple KM machines particularily. PREVIOUS REPLY

DOES KM refers to konica minolta or kyocera mita ?

It is good that the replies about one way bearings are coming in. So far, techs are posting with diffrent methods they use to clean and lubricate or not lubricate them.

aslo good to hear opinions on electronic and spring loaded clutches . service or just replace ?

LET THE VOICES KEEP ROLLING.
    Konica electric clutch> disassemble clean NO OIL!! (Registration/feed units)
    Konica electric clutch full metal type C650 tray 3 and such > duster or replace only.

Kyocera - disassemble clean plates with WD40 to get rid of rust and residue. Then IPA to clean off the WD40 from the clutch plate contact area. Assembly. (TA5500i series)

Firmwares HERE

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    konica 222 feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    we got a customer a used konica 222. worked fine for a week and then started having paper feed trouble in top drawer. would only pick up paper but not advance it. i cleaned feed tires and it worked for a few days and started again. told custoner i would order feed tires and to put paper in 2nd drawer whidh i had also cleaned. worked for a few hours and then same problem. i find it hard to believe that both drawers need new feed tires, could this be another problem.
    There is an electromagnetic clutch in the main feed drive assembly, behind the paper trays, that has a nasty habit of failing. This is where your problem likely stems from. You need to remove paper trays, bypass and both feed assemblies to get at it. Also remove the back cover to get at the connector. The drive assembly is held on by five screws.
    The clutch part# is 9322 1500 12.
    Hope this helps

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    konica 222 feed problems

And it has plastic casing (#Hansoon).
    Errrr.... I said and meant "Cage" not case. The cage is where the little needles ("rollers") are sitting in holding them in place.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

konica 222 feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Errrr.... I said and meant "Cage" not case. The cage is where the little needles ("rollers") are sitting in holding them in place.

Hans
    Apologies Hans, My bad. Misunderstood it.
    Do you remember a case where plastic cage is used?

Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    konica 222 feed problems

No problem Pal.

Do you remember a case where plastic cage is used?
    Not sure what you mean exactly but when you're not hinting at chickens in a transport cage, is this going the 50-Shades-of-Grey direction? LOL

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 03-25-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

konica 222 feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    No problem Pal.

Not sure what you mean exactly but when you're not hinting at chickens in a transport cage, is this going the 50-Shades-of-Grey direction? LOL

Hans
    Wunderbar zeitung. Meine frage ist zum Die Maschinen mit diese Torrington einbahn/zuruckstop chassis.

Bwahahaa zwei und zwantzig jahhren aius die Schule .
    I need to go to Germany to learn this proper.

Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    There is an electromagnetic clutch in the main feed drive assembly, behind the paper trays, that has a nasty habit of failing. This is where your problem likely stems from. You need to remove paper trays, bypass and both feed assemblies to get at it. Also remove the back cover to get at the connector. The drive assembly is held on by five screws.
    The clutch part# is 9322 1500 12.
    Hope this helps
    replaced feed tires in both units and cleaned one ways. first tray works fine second tray still doesnt work. would you still think it could be that clutch since tray 1 works fine now