Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If it has a Fiery try the following.

1.) set the fiery up and have the admin reserve the ip for the fiery plus the next one up (if the fiery is 192.168.1.30 then reserve 192.168.1.31 also).
    2.) set the copier up as dhcp. Leave the fiery running and reboot the copier.
    check the ip address, it should be strange. (202.12.202.12 or something like that).
    3.) set this address as the static address on the copier.
    4.) set the email up as you have already and try it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Haroldbfix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1fj40 View Post
    Is there a router on the unit?
    No. You should confirm the router settings with the IT guy.

lt1fj40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    If it has a Fiery try the following.

1.) set the fiery up and have the admin reserve the ip for the fiery plus the next one up (if the fiery is 192.168.1.30 then reserve 192.168.1.31 also).
    2.) set the copier up as dhcp. Leave the fiery running and reboot the copier.
    check the ip address, it should be strange. (202.12.202.12 or something like that).
    3.) set this address as the static address on the copier.
    4.) set the email up as you have already and try it.
    LOL This thing is about ready to go out the window..lol

Here Is what I have, the fiery has an ip addy of 172.22.73.218 Mask 255.255.0.0 I have also saved 219 as per instructions.

Set the copier addy as DHCP, rebooted via main power switch on unit in the front. Once the network settings came it up had a weird DHCP addy of 169.254.211.142 MASK 255.255.0.0 Blank gateway and the same DNS server as our main DNS server 172.22.72.5

Set this exact addy as a manual setup, rebooted again via front main switch.

Tried to send a scan to email, same server connection error.

Set the copier back to DHCP, this time it received a DHCP addy from our DHCP server, 172.22.72.220

Tried to scan and same error.

Any more thoughts?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Tech bulletin

Description
    How to set up scan to E-mail.
    Solution
    The IC-409 is the first FieryŽ controller used by Konica Minolta that does not require E-mail settings to function. The standard Emperon controller performs
    all E-mail functions and the IC-409 is strictly a pass-through. To set up scan to E-mail, perform the following:
    1. Configure the Emperon controller to obtain a TCP/IP address from the IC-409.
    2. Use the TCP/IP address assigned to the main body on the FieryŽ configuration test page. It will be an address higher than the IC-409.
    3. Log into PageScope Web Connection as an administrator.
    4. Select Network and then E-mail settings.
    5. Input both the POP and SMTP server settings along with machine E-mail address and any authentication settings that are required.
    6. Select Maintainance followed by machine settings and then enter an administrator address.
    7. Log out of Administrator mode.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Here Is what I have, the fiery has an ip addy of 172.22.73.218 Mask 255.255.0.0 I have also saved 219 as per instructions.

Set the copier addy as DHCP, rebooted via main power switch on unit in the front. Once the network settings came it up had a weird DHCP addy of 169.254.211.142 MASK 255.255.0.0 Blank gateway and the same DNS server as our main DNS server 172.22.72.5

Set the copier back to DHCP, this time it received a DHCP addy from our DHCP server, 172.22.72.220

Any more thoughts?
    Ok the 172 ip address is a good sign. 169 ip address is not it means that the engine could not communicate with the fiery at startup, therefore the engine did not get and ip address from the fiery. Keep in mind the fiery acts like a DCHP server (only for the engine) that why the machine should be set up for dhcp. The 172 is not a routable address. Therefore whateverr fierys address is, the machine routable ip address will be one up. For example. The Fiery might be 192.168.100.11, the engine should be 192.168.100.12.

The fiery at startup will ask the customers dhcp server for and ip address for the engine.

OK here is what I would do if i were you. Get a hub set the fiery and engine to a staic adress, have the IT guy reserved both address. Run one patch cable to the engine, and another one to the fiery. You'll have to remove the short black crossover cable that goes between the fiery and the engine. Then your done with that, then you can conncentrate on Email scanning.

There is another way around this as well but it depends ont the level of the fiery's system software, so for now I would try the above.

I've fought a couple of wars with this issue, let me know if you need more help.

Any more thoughts?
    You SMTP server ip address appears to be wrong, take another look at that setting. I looked at the screen shot you attatched on the earlier posting
    Last edited by Haroldbfix; 05-21-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

just a thought

hi,

looking at your config page the admin and device email addresses are the same, on some old minolta kit they had to be different.

this has stopped a machine working for me before. worth a try!

lt1fj40
    Thanks everyone for your help! I finally figured it out, it has to do with our exchange servers for some reason. I did a network capture and noticed the copier and the exchange server were not syncing properly So I created a new SMTP server and the scan to email worked fine!

Now on to figure out why the TCP communication between copier and exchange does not sync up properly.

Thanks Again!
    Rob.