Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C224e / 224е

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

C224e / 224е

There is message that is shown when logged in page scope (web interface) as administrator for the first time:
    "Information Acquisition Permission
    Activating this function, enables the device to collect information regarding machine use and helps to improve operability. It also collects data about problems encountered during machine operations. The collected information will not be used for personal identification and communication."

Can someone explain the purpose and how it works when allowed?

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Re: C224e / 224е

It popped up a couple of firmware versions ago. It probably does what it say it does. Maybe someone can elaborate?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C224e / 224е

I found it...

Outline of the function
     When the error code or issue reported from the customer, the service engineers can
    utilize the function to acquire and save the information as the log files. In this guide
    book, the function. In this guide book, the function is explained as "Debug Log
    Acquisition function".
     Debug Log Acquisition function
    The settings for Debug Log Acquisition function is available in Service Mode. With the
    settings, it is possible to disable / enable the function, the log Type or Acquisition mode
    etc. The debug log will be encrypted when it is saved in HDD and retrieve it from the
    MFP.
     When saving the information in HDD -> The log information will be encrypted with
    using HDD Encryption Passphrase setting.
     When saving the log data into USB flash memory -> The log information will be
    encrypted with using USB Encryption Passphrase setting
    The Debug Log acquire by the system can be used analyzing the cause of the service
    call or the malfunction.
     Basic Mode/ Enhance Mode
    In Debug Log Acquisition function, two types of the operation modes, Basic mode and
    Enhance mode, are available. The procedure to select the operation mode of the
    function, setup procedure of the function and the information that can be corrected in
    the operation mode is different between the operation mode,

etc.

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.