Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

New AU-205H card readers

Has anyone used this card reader yet. I got one that doesn't work. Normally we use the AU-201H model which works no problem.

There is a driver for my model 224e A61F0Y0-A010-G00-91 HIDProx AU-205H Function Version7.exe

This is the only driver in one stop product shop.

I know that this card reader is compatible with multiple card types.

Wondering if there is some programming that needs to be done.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: New AU-205H card readers

We have been using them for a few months, no issues excepts with the C3350 and I think it's just buried too far in the main body for the cards to activate the reader. They are installed on the entire e series line with a few of our customers. What software are you using in conjunction with the readers, or just MFP authentication? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Papercut but normally they tested during setup with just standard auth. But this machine went out with two other machines that also didn't get I option install correctly. The original network tech basically got screwed hard. So not sure if it was ever tested. I didn't try with the built in auth only.

So I took a 201H with me but I did try to make the 205H work. I noticed a white light was on showing it had power. Made sure it was one of the correct USB ports. This is the first one our company purchased. And some where telling me it had a white cable when they were doing the connect. I found that a driver was installed but the the billing settings was not enabled. I removed the driver and install the driver I listed in my OP. Then turn on auth device 2 & card option. Power light is on but nothing happens with it when my HID prox card is anywhere around the reader.

We do C3350s too so nice to know. The 201H are so big and couldn't figure out how to fit it under the cover so we stick it on the outside naked.

One papercut install we used RFideas readers on the 254/754e series and had to take them all out from underneath the cover and Velcro them to the outside a few days after install.

This has has finally come back around again. I tried it again on a demo machine. I can't find any installation instructions specific to this card reader so I am doing it like I would with a AU-201H. From what I read it is configured by default for Prox which is the card type we are using.

I install the loadable driver for the AU-205H that is made for C224e in my demo machine example. I reboot then going to billing mode and turn on authentication device 2 then touch card, then reboot. To test I turn on authentication (on MFP) on the copier to test. Power light is on card reader but nothing happens with card against reader.

Is there a different installation method or programming that is needed.

This won't help your problem but we use the Y-Soft card range with PaperCut MF/ Konica they work really well the only time i need to configure them is when changing the track on a swipe card reader.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

A little more info for the AU-205s..The driver listed on the one stop product support page is for the HID prox only..If you are using an IClass Prox, Type A or anything that falls into the "other" category, you have to download the AU205 setup tool and build the loadable device driver for the type of card you are going to be using. Also, there is an icon on the control panel indicating "usb device not recognized" KM just released firmware to correct this (available for LK and non LK MFPs)..Once you get the driver installed, and management choice selected, you need to go though the control panel ADMIN/Authentication card settings and be sure the correct card type is selected for the AU..Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Ok, so the 1st AU-205H reader we bought which was the only one I had to play with was defective.

We had a shipment come in this morning with more readers and it works.

What I found out is the reader is defaulted to Prox only. You can program then to another type with a computer and the software ADTAfor5427CK_v1002000.zip.

Even better is that the E series copiers actually has it's own built in programmer for this reader. This is in authentication settings. It is set to Prox but you can select iClass, Type A, Use Card Reader settings that will allow use with multiple card types in the same environment.

My defective card reader I programmed with iclass from the copier. I tried an iclass card and it works. This is with the driver on the KMBS website. But it will not work with Prox. Then I tried a new card reader with prox and it worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Papercut but normally they tested during setup with just standard auth. But this machine went out with two other machines that also didn't get I option install correctly. The original network tech basically got screwed hard. So not sure if it was ever tested. I didn't try with the built in auth only.

So I took a 201H with me but I did try to make the 205H work. I noticed a white light was on showing it had power. Made sure it was one of the correct USB ports. This is the first one our company purchased. And some where telling me it had a white cable when they were doing the connect. I found that a driver was installed but the the billing settings was not enabled. I removed the driver and install the driver I listed in my OP. Then turn on auth device 2 & card option. Power light is on but nothing happens with it when my HID prox card is anywhere around the reader.

We do C3350s too so nice to know. The 201H are so big and couldn't figure out how to fit it under the cover so we stick it on the outside naked.

One papercut install we used RFideas readers on the 254/754e series and had to take them all out from underneath the cover and Velcro them to the outside a few days after install.

Is there drivers available for a 754e and Rfideas reader?

robp2175

Quote Originally Posted by morpk View Post
    This won't help your problem but we use the Y-Soft card range with PaperCut MF/ Konica they work really well the only time i need to configure them is when changing the track on a swipe card reader.
    Are you saying you have Swipe card Readers compatible with the Konica Minoltas? Can you tell me the model number of the Readers perhaps?