Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    SD-506 on a C6501 intermittent jamming J-7568 but strange workaround helps...

Happens with both 8.5x11, 9x12 and larger sheets (12x18) - seems I can get 20-50 booklets out then it starts to happen. I then can stop it by telling the RU to de-curl DOWN. this will stop the jamming, i still get some malformed booklets but i suspect that is the wear on my fold rollers which do need replacement.

Its almost like the drive that pushes the collated sheets around the right angle is not working correctly. Which i think is also why it takes longer to start to happen with larger sheets, this tends to happen more with coated paper vs uncoated.

When i have larger runs i try to only use uncoated sheets, but still see the same issue.

I dont have access to MKM can anyone search code for solutions...

Anyone seen this before?
    Anyone fixed this before?

thanks for the help as always...
    Last edited by methogod; 05-10-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Cool Re: SD-506 on a C6501 intermittent jamming J-7568 but strange workaround helps...

Hi I have the same problem myself, Jammin in the same spot, If i send though say 5 pages 3 of them go though and the last 2 stay in the Hoz stacker. will get back to you with the fix when I find one.

Re: SD-506 on a C6501 intermittent jamming J-7568 but strange workaround helps...

Hi,
    Had a phone call about this very issue this morning.
    It turned out to be that SD6 (roller release solenoid/2) was sticking down. The solenoid was not releasing the rollers so the paper was crashing as it was doing the right angle turn before sending the paper to be folded.
    Hope this helps.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: SD-506 on a C6501 intermittent jamming J-7568 but strange workaround helps...

The two SD-510's that I care for seem to be most affected by the way the paper is loaded. My customer does tons of LTR-R booklets, Which will jam every 5 or 6 booklets if the paper guides are loose by 5mm. Snug up the guides and you can run booklets all day without a jam.

The guides won't stay tight? Replace the rod that the guides clamp to. You'll find deep cuts in the rod. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thanks for that info guys, I found a firmware upgrade that has seamed to have fixed the problem for now. will let you know

Technician

so i had a similiar issue on the sd506 where it was jamming at the lifter before the 90 degree. and it was because one of the magnet screws was loose.
    now though im having the issue where it jams there and it seems like its because the lifter isnt raising up to where the paper will be.