Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P6,7,8,9 and 21

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: P6,7,8,9 and 21

Quote Originally Posted by gulfcartman View Post
    Dear Fixthecopier
    I appreciate all the info you are giving me. How do you " chip an IU "? The machine I am working on is for myself.
    At present I am at a follow up Dr. appointment in Shreveport, La. at the VA hospital. I'll be home this afternoon to check on my problem child " C200"/that is.
    Anyway I see in your picture you have a better half, what's your pups name and breed. I have a Golden Retriever named Buddy. He's the best thing that has happened to me in 7 years. Off subject I know hope I didn't violate to many terms of agreement.

Chipping an IU is common practice on Konica Minolta products. Behind one of the covers on the IU's, look for where the plug is, on replacement IU's, is a small chip that resets the page count. Since it is not uncommon for these to run double or more of their life, you can get chips for maybe 10 to 30 dollars. When you reset the count, the machine calibrates itself as though the IU's are new, when in fact Konica says replace them. A new machine does not have a chip, because the count is 0, so they have to be changed the first time.IU's are run until they have an issue, and sometimes that can be codes.

Pepper is 2. She ate my living room furniture when she was a pup. I have her mother and grandmother along with a 4 pound Chihuahua, and about a dozen cats. Pepper is mixed. Some German Sheppard, some Pit.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P6,7,8,9 and 21

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Chipping an IU is common practice on Konica Minolta products. Behind one of the covers on the IU's, look for where the plug is, on replacement IU's, is a small chip that resets the page count. Since it is not uncommon for these to run double or more of their life, you can get chips for maybe 10 to 30 dollars. When you reset the count, the machine calibrates itself as though the IU's are new, when in fact Konica says replace them. A new machine does not have a chip, because the count is 0, so they have to be changed the first time.IU's are run until they have an issue, and sometimes that can be codes.

Pepper is 2. She ate my living room furniture when she was a pup. I have her mother and grandmother along with a 4 pound Chihuahua, and about a dozen cats. Pepper is mixed. Some German Sheppard, some Pit.
    I wonder if this model has the PPLM firmware so you don't have to even chip it...?
    That method is far superior to chipping the IUs (1. You always have an accurate counter 2. don't have to buy chips 3. don't have to install chips 4. the machine does not readjust the to a new chip and runs the IU as an old IU and not new; etc).

You can also re-fuse the fuser and tranf belt to get 2-3x life (depending on the quality you require).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I wonder if this model has the PPLM firmware so you don't have to even chip it...?
    That method is far superior to chipping the IUs (1. You always have an accurate counter 2. don't have to buy chips 3. don't have to install chips 4. the machine does not readjust the to a new chip and runs the IU as an old IU and not new; etc).

You can also re-fuse the fuser and tranf belt to get 2-3x life (depending on the quality you require).
    What does this PPLM stand for Synaux?

Thanks for the info where can I find this "PPLM"? Chips you are referring about ie;web address, average cost?

Technician

Thanks for the info where can I find this "PPLM"? Chips you are referring about ie;web address, average cost?
    Dear Friends
    It was the ribbon cable from CN35 Printer Control Board (PRCB) to CN18 MFBU board (MFBUB). The CN18 wasn't seated correctly. Thanks all for helping me out.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Dear Friends
    It was the ribbon cable from CN35 Printer Control Board (PRCB) to CN18 MFBU board (MFBUB). The CN18 wasn't seated correctly. Thanks all for helping me out.

Glad you resolved the issue. Thanks for posting the solution.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Glad you resolved the issue. Thanks for posting the solution.

Hey Fixthecopier I just hope to be able to return the favor one day, it was great working with you.
    V/R
    Alan

service engineer shamnad abdullah's Avatar

Dear Forum
    C200 I have tried to bypass image stabilization because I know all consumable items are within specifications. But the machines memory, other than changing the board which I didn't want to do. I have a parts machine here at the office. Anyway is there anyone out there who knows how to get by this image stabilization process.
    V/R
    Alan
    try this
    go to service mode (utility-check details-stop-00-stop-01)
    go to imaging process adjustment->perform D max density
    gud luck

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by shamnad abdullah View Post
    try this
    go to service mode (utility-check details-stop-00-stop-01)
    go to imaging process adjustment->perform D max density
    gud luck
    Dear Shamnad.
    With all due respect. I believe your post to be a little behind the curve. Several of us have figured out this devil and made him submit. Read prior post and I believe the picture will be some what clearer.
    V/R
    Alan

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P6,7,8,9 and 21

I am not actually sure what it stands for. lol
    I see people saying it here on the forum though. It is a special firmware to allow the machine to keep running after the IU has exceeded its end of life. Personally, I just call it IU firmware.

You would either need a certified Konica-Minolta tech to install this firmware or find someone that has the firmware and install it OR acquire the firmware and install it yourself (would need the software, firmware, probably a CF card/CF card reader, and would have to set some softswitches in service mode).

I don't really work on these models and I recently lost access to KM's online resources, so it is difficult for me to figure out if this firmware even exists for this model.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I am not actually sure what it stands for. lol
    I see people saying it here on the forum though. It is a special firmware to allow the machine to keep running after the IU has exceeded its end of life. Personally, I just call it IU firmware.

You would either need a certified Konica-Minolta tech to install this firmware or find someone that has the firmware and install it OR acquire the firmware and install it yourself (would need the software, firmware, probably a CF card/CF card reader, and would have to set some softswitches in service mode).

I don't really work on these models and I recently lost access to KM's online resources, so it is difficult for me to figure out if this firmware even exists for this model.
    Dear Synaux
    I thank you for all the help. If in the future you need access to mykonicaminolta.com I have full access. Be glad to help you out anyway I can.