Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    224e DF-624 C8107

224e DF-624 C8107

Goodmorning everybody.

I know its from the glass cleaning mechanism but i disabled it through ADF Scan Glass Contam.Set.
    After switching ADF Scan Glass Contam.Sensitivity to Not Set its supposed to stop working(as ive seen in other similar machines)
    but this one just doesnt want to stop,it keeps working and eventually pops the code.

Will try a FW update,but any other thoughts?
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: 224e DF-624 C8107

Had this once - finally it turned out that the harness from the scanner glas cleaning drive motor/sensor was pretty squeezed factory-wise - not visible at first inspection since the harness runs below the feed area.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    224e DF-624 C8107

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Had this once - finally it turned out that the harness from the scanner glas cleaning drive motor/sensor was pretty squeezed factory-wise - not visible at first inspection since the harness runs below the feed area.

Thnks for the reply.
    Your saying that you had the code popping constantly?I can make some 10-20 copies it pops again.
    Open close door its ok and so on.
    Also that occured for you even after you switched it off(the cleaning mechanism)?
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

No at first it was very sporadically - later on the error appeared more often. Guess the harness, that was stucked between DF/plastic housings got more damaged during the time of operation.
    Haven't tried to turn off the machanism but I'm not shure if - even disabled - the machine might do try to perform a home position rund every now and then.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Had this code too, sporadic at first. I reseated the cable that goes from the motor to the adf board. Seems to have did the trick for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Had this code too, sporadic at first. I reseated the cable that goes from the motor to the adf board. Seems to have did the trick for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Ate my own words.. About a week ago, code came back and this time for good. I can confirm that the harness from the cleaning motor to the DFCB was pinched on the bottom of the DF unit, probably that way from the factory.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

I am getting a C8107 code on the DF-701 ADF. The bulletin KBA00030034 refers to only the DF-624 ADF, and says to replace the wire harness assembly A3CFPP6300.
    The corresponding harness on the DF-701 is A3CEPP4K00. Has anyone had success replacing this harness on this ADF? Some other posts mention the cable from the ADF to the machine also.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Never mind, I found the problem. A screw vibrated loose and wedged the belt. What are the chances?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    224e DF-624 C8107

Quote Originally Posted by giddyupngo View Post
    Never mind, I found the problem. A screw vibrated loose and wedged the belt. What are the chances?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    0 chance but customer doesn't need to know that