Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C224e with code C-9401

C224e with code C-9401

Hi guys,

Ok, we had a C224e give the code C-9401. It reset ok, all good so far. The next day it does the same thing but will not reset, the expo lamp fluctuates in intensity and then it codes out with C-9401.
    There was nothing on the tech site for this code except a production line modification at the tail end of 2013, on the non e series. Our machine is only 2 months old, but we checked the CCD cable clamp. This was good.
    So we took a lamp assy, SCDB and PRCB to try. None of these cleared the code, so they we left in that machine and we took the others away to fit back to our machine. This is where it’s gets tricky. The 3 parts get fitted back to our machine and we have the same C-9401 code! So that’s both machines which now have the code!
    Not sure if it is relevant or not, but the donor machine is brand new and has not been set up. Although my understanding about KM boards is that if it comes as a spare part it will be new and blank. Whereas a brand new machine which has not been switched has FW and is programmed for the correct model etc.
    We tried a hard reset on our device, in case the code was stored in memory, but no joy. Also, the brand new machine pre-drives for a very long time, longer than it should. But I don’t know if this is related to the code or because it hasn’t been set up.

I thought I'd ask for your valable input :-)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Re: C224e with code C-9401

Have you tried a power supply? it is possible the faulty power supply took out your good parts as well.

Thepape123

Hi, from the service manual :

Code C9401
    Description Exposure LED lighting failure
    The output from the CCD sensor is a predetermined value or less during CCD sensor gain adjustment.
    Remedy Problem Isolation : Scanner

1 Check the connection between SCDB(Scanner Drive Board)-LU201(Led Exposure Unit), and correct if necessary.
    2 Check the connector between SCDB PJ1-PRCB(Printer Control Board) CN43 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
    3 Check the connector between CCDB(CCD Board) PJ3-MFPB(MFP Board) PJ01 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
    4 Replace the LED exposure unit.
    5 Replace CCDB.
    6 Replace SCDB.
    7 Replace PRCB.
    8 Replace MFPB.

It can be an elettrical problem or a connection problem.

Bye.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Thepape123 View Post
    Hi, from the service manual :

Code C9401
    Description Exposure LED lighting failure
    The output from the CCD sensor is a predetermined value or less during CCD sensor gain adjustment.
    Remedy Problem Isolation : Scanner

1 Check the connection between SCDB(Scanner Drive Board)-LU201(Led Exposure Unit), and correct if necessary.
    2 Check the connector between SCDB PJ1-PRCB(Printer Control Board) CN43 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
    3 Check the connector between CCDB(CCD Board) PJ3-MFPB(MFP Board) PJ01 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
    4 Replace the LED exposure unit.
    5 Replace CCDB.
    6 Replace SCDB.
    7 Replace PRCB.
    8 Replace MFPB.

It can be an elettrical problem or a connection problem.

Bye.
    thanks for this post

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

got this same issue on a brand new C224e

reseated all connectors, replaced ccd, ccd cable and lamp still no go.

going to try mfp board next.

Lamp does actually illuminate and the scanner moves to the white reference for the machine to perform its adjustment, it then turns off and throws the error every single time. This tells me it aint the prcb or scanner driver board. It MUST be the mfp board.

Will post results.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C224e with code C-9401

I don't see CCDB in your list of installed parts. I've changed a few on 654e's with success. There is a modified part number for the 654e's. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

MFP board solved the problem on my C224e.

It was a new machine and failed on install at the customers site - Much embarrassment. Customer given another new machine. Crappy soldering must of been the cause as they are always tested thoroughly before dispatch, the truck drive over must of finished off the board that somehow slipped thru QC in china.

Machine lives another day and gets another chance now with another new owner.

Hi
    I have a similar issue in a new C754e machine which is just 6 months old. Most of the time the error get reset after restarting the machine. Now the error is not resetting and the scanner disabled. I can still use the printer.

So far I've had two machines throw 9403 codes....first was the DSIPB...2nd just happen and about to go swap DSIPB with another machine or the whole DF 701 if that doesn't work. Have you guys been seeing this issue?
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkr9177 View Post
    Hi
    I have a similar issue in a new C754e machine which is just 6 months old. Most of the time the error get reset after restarting the machine. Now the error is not resetting and the scanner disabled. I can still use the printer.
    on the c654/c754 e and non e series its almost always the CCD.

Changed a few now, never comes back again for me. Follow the service manual for procedure, I always load the latest FW on completion at first power on after fitting too. Never given me trouble yet doing it this way.