Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

taskalfa 2551ci not printing with windows 10...anyone else having issues??

I have a new 2551ci with job accounting enabled. All pc's work with the exception of 1 Windows 10 laptop.

Issue: When printing from 10, the machine errors with improper code. But, if you go into the printer properties and select "test page" it WILL print that page fine.

The code is good and works on all other pc's. All codes have no restrictions, solely being used for bill back.

This machine is in a realtors office so I have the job accounting setup to "pop up" due to multiple users per workstation. I also tried to just embed one code to see if that helped. SAME ISSUE!??

I installed the print driver manually as well as through the installer. I've also "shared" the driver on another pc (peer 2 peer) and then installed as a "network" driver on the 10 box. SAME ISSUE!?? Even if I have the "shared" pc due the page rendering....SAME ISSUE!??

I've also reflashed the firmware to the newest 3.02 firmware.

Anyone else seen this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    JB

Re: taskalfa 2551ci not printing with windows 10...anyone else having issues??

Is the latested driver installed?
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    Is the latested driver installed?
    Yes it is. If memory serves me correctly it is 6.2.11.13

Yep, thats the latest. If its only the w10 machine (not done one of these yet) it must be to do with the driver not picking up the settings from the machine.
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Did you try win7 drivers ?

Technician

That's the conclusion I was coming to. Everything I read says all win8 and 8.1 drivers are compatible. I know it must be true...it's on the Internet lol!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Since Windows 10 isn't supported yet and is still technically a beta, doesn't seem to be your problem.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Since Windows 10 isn't supported yet and is still technically a beta, doesn't seem to be your problem.
    Doh! I thought ir released last month.. I see it's not until the 29th of this month.

Guess I'll wait for kyocera to release their new driver.
    thanks

certified scrub 500+ Posts

does windows 10 have "send directly to printer" option like previous versions?
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Too old to care 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    Guess I'll wait for kyocera to release their new driver.
    thanks

J_B, I've been printing to various Kyocera's and Minolta's with Windows 10 since early/mid March and had no problems at all (that have anything to do with the operating system).

To add to what jmaister said after you wrote that, for a long time there have been various problems using 32bit applications on a 64bit operating system.

From the driver notes of a 3050ci:

"When printing from a 32bit application running on a 64bit Windows operating system with Job
    Accounting enabled, no account codes are sent to the print device and the device displays an
    “Invalid Account Code” error message.
    Solution: Enable the “Print directly to the printer” option in the Advanced tab of Printer
    Properties, or use a 64bit version of the application
    "

It may be too late to help you, but maybe it'll help someone else in the future.

Regards