Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

KM-4050 jam when paper is moved from the right side to the left.

I have solved this problem in the past, but I cannot remember what the solution is. When using the pf-750. Paper feeds fine out of the left side, when the left side goes empty and the machine tries to move paper from the right side to the left it jams. When I open the drawer the paper has stopped half was across. Does anyone remember what the solution is for this? Thank you

Re: KM-4050 jam when paper is moved from the right side to the left.

I always check on these to make sure front cover is aligned correctly....if it's off it may not be pushing your H rollers down far enough when you shut the tray. Also check the C pick up roller in the left side...they wear down quickly and cause issues...other than that cleaning rollers and sensors...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-4050 jam when paper is moved from the right side to the left.

The PF-750 does not slide the stack across like a Konica Minolta, Ricoh, or Toshiba LCF. It feeds the left stack until all the left stack paper is gone, then uses rollers in the left side lift plate to continue to transport single pages from the right stack, across the left side, then up. The stack is never pushed.

The common failure here is the mounting for the left stack pickup roller. It's a small plastic tab that holds down a rolled steel bracket. The plastic tab breaks and the timing belt will start to jump making a loud noise at pickup and you may or may not experience J16 jams.

There are two common solutions. I generally use the second choice.
    #1) You can order the base frame assembly that holds the whole feed unit, then take all 50+ parts off the old base and install them on the new one. Additionally there is no guarantee that the modified part won't break exactly the same way.
    #2) You can drill a #40 hole through the metal bracket and through the plastic body, countersink the bottom side enough for an M3 flathead screw, then tap the resulting hole M3. Then install an M3 x 4mm flathead screw. It can be disassembled as many times as necessary to change tires and will never break. It costs you about 30 minutes and an M3 x 4mm flat head screw.
    =^..^=

PF750 Noise2.JPGPF750 Noise4.JPGPF750 Noise1.JPGPF750 Noise3.JPG
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 07-27-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I replaced the clutches. The paper was not getting pulled over.