Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    certified scrub 500+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

Re: KM-255c misfeeds J4211

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I tried searching the wonderful database for the QA, but nothing. Do you have the number or can you post the QA ?
    yep, I've posted it.(its up there with previous msgs)

QA_E044_2NP_0005_SB_rev.1

Getting the key word right searching the database IS A PAIN, tho this thing I just realized is only 2 months old.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    yep, I've posted it.(its up there with previous msgs)

QA_E044_2NP_0005_SB_rev.1

Getting the key word right searching the database IS A PAIN, tho this thing I just realized is only 2 months old.
    Not sure how I didn't see that ! I wish I drank, so I'd have an excuse.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I missed this one too. Thanks for sharing jmaister.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

I'll confirm that this works like a charm. The only hazard I can see is snapping off the vulnerable plastic snaps attaching the two sides of the fuser drive pack, that by all appearances are entirely redundant, and unnecessary. After bending back both ends of the spring, I installed three shims: first between the metal frame and the spring, second between the spring and the inner gear, and third between the outer gear and the frame. And I slathered each of these spacer/shims with a little white lithium grease. 100% success. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

i saw the the actuall spring the other day, I think Kyocera has overdone it.

Make neccessary adjustment if you need to. Just remember that the purpose is not for spring ends to catch the surface its pressing against.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Karyudo

I've recently bought a used Kyocera TaskALFA 255c from craigslist, for use at home (i.e. non-commercial use). I started out getting a paper jam on startup (error 0000), but then went and found myself a manual, got into the service menu, checked the switch status, and figured out that the fuser switch was sticking. With that solved, I'm now getting this J4211 error.

I called my local Kyocera Document Solutions office, but the tech there didn't seem to be particularly interested in lining up an appointment to come by and fix my machine. But now that I've found this thread, I'm not too worried—I figure I'm just going to have to fix it myself. (It'd be nice to get a set of the washers that are discussed in this thread, but I figure I can probably make some up that will do the job....)

Is there any documentation available for 255c fuser disassembly? I've got the service manual, but that doesn't go into enough detail. Are there any parts inside that I won't be able to get back together properly unless I know something ahead of time about how to take the fuser apart?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

Quote Originally Posted by Karyudo View Post
    I've recently bought a used Kyocera TaskALFA 255c from craigslist, for use at home (i.e. non-commercial use). I started out getting a paper jam on startup (error 0000), but then went and found myself a manual, got into the service menu, checked the switch status, and figured out that the fuser switch was sticking. With that solved, I'm now getting this J4211 error.

I called my local Kyocera Document Solutions office, but the tech there didn't seem to be particularly interested in lining up an appointment to come by and fix my machine. But now that I've found this thread, I'm not too worried—I figure I'm just going to have to fix it myself. (It'd be nice to get a set of the washers that are discussed in this thread, but I figure I can probably make some up that will do the job....)

Is there any documentation available for 255c fuser disassembly? I've got the service manual, but that doesn't go into enough detail. Are there any parts inside that I won't be able to get back together properly unless I know something ahead of time about how to take the fuser apart?
    The majority of units there are no parts for, you just replace the whole unit. The fuser is one of them.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Karyudo

Sure, that makes sense—usually.

But what about the washers that are being retrofitted, as discussed in this thread? Pretty clearly, that requires some partial disassembly of the fuser unit, as outlined in the retrofit bulletin. Is that all one needs to know? Or would there have been some other diagram in some other reference that had more fuser detail, that I'm not privy to by not being a Kyocera (or any other kind of) technician?

Mostly, I just don't want to take out some screws, have some spring unwind or some otherwise-unconnected part fall out, and then be at a loss for how it's all supposed to go back together. I'm guessing that's not very likely, and I'd be able to sort things out, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask a knowledgeable group (like this one) before I break out a screwdriver and get started.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-255c misfeeds J4211

The fuser drive is not inside the fuser. It's in the rear frame assembly. Remove the fuser only to get it out of the way. You'll access the drive assembly through the rear cover.

Just make sure the machine is off and unplugged before you start disassembly. Be careful with connectors, especially ribbon connections. They're delicate. Make sure everything is re-connected and closed up before plugging in and powering up. Go for it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Karyudo

Ah! That makes more sense! Thank you for clarifying—although if I had read the QA more carefully, I suppose I should have sorted this detail out for myself. I'll probably tackle this task over the weekend. Hope I get to come back and report success....