Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

File Management Utility

anyone ever use this before? I assume it redirects files to folders based on a specific variable (ie the filter). Is this accurate? I can scan to the receiving folder but can't seem to set up a correct distribution rule to redirect the file to the target destination. Anyone smarter than I care to tell me how this works. The manual is vague to me and I do better with less ambiguous direction.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    File Management Utility

Re: File Management Utility

Do you mean the Scanner File Utility, Scan to File Utility or SFU? Essentially the SFU connects your MFP to a server via FTP (file transfer protocol). Personally I prefer to use SMB (server message block protocol) when scanning to file from a Kyocera, which does not require the utility. If you prefer FTP, you can use any FTP utility (like Filezilla). They all do basically the same thing. The Kyocera utility prompts you through the setup, so it's a little friendlier for the less experienced installer.

After a little checking it appears that they've renamed the SFU to FMU, but it's basically the same thing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I meant the file management utility... None of those are that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

After a little checking it appears that they've renamed the SFU to FMU, but it's basically the same thing. =^..^=
    Its not even close to the same thing, seeing as you can operate multiple mfp's from one program and set up distribution rules.

Listen if you don't know anything about it just move along. I don't need you here trying to correct me because you don't know what I am asking about.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    File Management Utility

I consider myself corrected. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    File Management Utility

Snarky
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkIR View Post
    Its not even close to the same thing, seeing as you can operate multiple mfp's from one program and set up distribution rules.

Listen if you don't know anything about it just move along. I don't need you here trying to correct me because you don't know what I am asking about.

ClarkIR . You are just being too irrational quickly. This forum is not where g d lives and provide perfect answers. People throw out ideas as to try and help. sometimes they are bang on and sometimes not. You could have said something different i am sure. just to quick to the draw. all he is doing is putting out ideas for you and if you are not contented, then call kyocera tech support.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    File Management Utility

Green card to red card in one post -nice.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

We've already picked up on your frustration,no need to express that any further to the forum. If you set your ego aside we can no doubt assit you further with what you ask. Explain to the forum your particular scenario.Example:You have TA 181,250,300,500's connected to a network. You can scan to XYZ machine but you cannot forward to PC'c at local A,B,C locations????? The more information you tell us the more we can work out where your at. Don't forget this is an international forum. The wording you use may not be the same wording or functional explanation as used in other countries.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    We've already picked up on your frustration,no need to express that any further to the forum. If you set your ego aside we can no doubt assit you further with what you ask. Explain to the forum your particular scenario.Example:You have TA 181,250,300,500's connected to a network. You can scan to XYZ machine but you cannot forward to PC'c at local A,B,C locations????? The more information you tell us the more we can work out where your at. Don't forget this is an international forum. The wording you use may not be the same wording or functional explanation as used in other countries.
    Already explained what I needed help with and someone who didn't know anything about what I was asking instead felt the need to correct me twice. It's frustrating to have someone tell you you have no idea what you mean when despite the fact they apparently haven't touched the software