Question fs-c2126mfp light copies and scans

Optics, mirrors clean, print quality very good. firmware up to date. When scanning , density
    set to dark to get light colors, have run 410 to set half tones no effect. Making copies have same
    result. Maybe ccd ???????

Thanx Jamman

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts copygirl's Avatar

Re: fs-c2126mfp light copies and scans

How is the print? Good I guess. Have you unplugged any of those ribbon cables for scanner? We had some problems with them peeling and not making good connection. Just remember if you change out that CCD that you need test charts to set it all back up. I've got a 3640 that blew the CCD and our test charts are missing so gonna order new ones. The service manual will tell you which ones you need. If you're getting good prints then it's gotta be something in scanner. The C2126's are a pain!
    Ginger

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Oh the famous C2126 and those adjustment kits

Post a sample of print and color scan or copy. I'm guessing the toner is oem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    fs-c2126mfp  light copies and scans

i had this problem on 250ci series...
    System Menu /Adjustment/Maintenance Black Line correction was set to HIGH.. i set it to low (or OFF i suppose) copies from DP or platen now happy happy!

Technician

Question Re: fs-c2126mfp light copies and scans

Fighting same issue as OP.
    Have replaced CCD and Main PWB but still getting light and distorted copies. Won't even recognize calibration sheets. Status page and internal prints are great. Was this ever resolved?

Technician

Update: Installed new carriage assembly with no change. Was able to perform all calibrations and color registrations though. What helped best was setting copy/scan density all the way up. Copy quality is still not the best but customer did accept it. I still feel like there is an inherent flaw in these machines. Hopefully, Kyocera will resolve this.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    Optics, mirrors clean, print quality very good. firmware up to date. When scanning , density
    set to dark to get light colors, have run 410 to set half tones no effect. Making copies have same
    result. Maybe ccd ???????

Thanx Jamman
    I'm not a KMC tech, so please take this for what it is worth.
    However, on the machines that I did work on, there was a white reference somewhere in the optics cavity that was important in the automatic scan calibration. If the white reference was dirty or discolored, copies or scans would be too light. If the white reference got too bad even service mode adjustments wouldn't help.
    I always found the white reference somewhere near where the leading edge of an original would be positioned on the platen glass.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I'm not a KMC tech, so please take this for what it is worth.
    However, on the machines that I did work on, there was a white reference somewhere in the optics cavity that was important in the automatic scan calibration. If the white reference was dirty or discolored, copies or scans would be too light. If the white reference got too bad even service mode adjustments wouldn't help.
    I always found the white reference somewhere near where the leading edge of an original would be positioned on the platen glass.

Do you (Or anyone else) have any further info regarding where the white reference would be. I cannot find anything in the manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Hastings View Post
    Do you (Or anyone else) have any further info regarding where the white reference would be. I cannot find anything in the manuals.
    The white reference should be on the underside of the scan glass assembly between the table and slit glass.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    The white reference should be on the underside of the scan glass assembly between the table and slit glass.

Awesome! Thanks!