Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

kmc 2525E duplex problem

Hi friends,
    Am working on kmc 2525E now, the duplex is not working. When i touch the duplex to perform 1sided 2sided or 2sided 2sided it will appear like this (THESE FUNCTIONS CAN NOT BE COMBINE) I swapped the ADF from another working machine to this very machine still remains the same. I initialize the memory by using u21,u20 and u906 still no good results.
    Pls what can I do to solve this problem
    Bst rgds

Quiteh

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: kmc 2525E duplex problem

This is a classical case of inexperience and lack of using the service manual and or training on the product. u 21 and 20 will not solve a duplex problem, as most likely it will be a hardware or electrical problem. 906 is usefull as a reset when hardware has been disabled by the machine and is the first to run.

maintence mode has test modes to run the motors and switches and others.

If the duplex on the machine is disabled or not working, then the adf will not be able to duplex, hence the message. print to the machine and make sure the duplex is working first. u30 runs the duplex motor. u203 test the adf motors with or without paper. check the electrical connection of the duplex to the machine, left side. [not the adf duplex ]

now when your ran that u20, you have to go do all the setup again. before running 20 and 21 and 02, printout maintence mode settings.
    Last edited by subaro; 09-10-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kmc 2525E duplex problem

do a checkdisc in service mode .if it errors out change the hdd.when the hard drive dies it will give you this message when you try to duplex

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kmc 2525E duplex problem

The duplex function cannot be isolated in a VoyagerE. Most likely this call was extraordinarily simple. For example if the tray you have defaulted is set to Heavy paper media type, or if the finisher offset function is turned On it may conflict with another function.

The U020 and U021 just erased all your quality settings, image settings, laser settings, etc. If you had a Maintenance Report, you could begin to re-enter some of the data that you tossed out without a thought. Otherwise you can just start doing every adjustment in the service manual.

I tried that course of action exactly once. After re-entering the Maintenance Report data, and re-doing every image adjustment, I had spend 4 hours and was exactly back to where I started.

I really don't know where this idea comes from that a factory reset is a good thing. It is not, and it generally fixes nothing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

[QUOTE=blackcat4866;488780]The duplex function cannot be isolated in a VoyagerE. Most likely this call was extraordinarily simple. For example if the tray you have defaulted is set to Heavy paper media type, or if the finisher offset function is turned On it may conflict with another function.

He said he did u20, therefore the factory defaults would take effect when the machine reboots. Unless he made custom settings, the machine should copy without problems. just a thought came to mind this minute. working on a ta-500ci today that some other tech had refurb and boss ask me to check before sending out.
    trying to copy from the adf, the machine asking for statement paper from the bypass. . Turns out to be the size pcb on the adf tray needed cleaning and put fresh grease on it and bend the copper contact plate a little bit upwards. [ detecting the wrong size of paper on the adf]. [this is common on kyocera]This will be shown on the screen, but if one is not paying attention, would be looking at other causes.

someone mentioned hard drive and that should be checked also, but unless full would get code. format the hard drive in u24 and see or try with another known good drive.

Is the machine printing duplex from your computer ?????
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=subaro;488797]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The duplex function cannot be isolated in a VoyagerE. Most likely this call was extraordinarily simple. For example if the tray you have defaulted is set to Heavy paper media type, or if the finisher offset function is turned On it may conflict with another function.

He said he did u20, therefore the factory defaults would take effect when the machine reboots. Unless he made custom settings, the machine should copy without problems. just a thought came to mind this minute. working on a ta-500ci today that some other tech had refurb and boss ask me to check before sending out.
    trying to copy from the adf, the machine asking for statement paper from the bypass. . Turns out to be the size pcb on the adf tray needed cleaning and put fresh grease on it and bend the copper contact plate a little bit upwards. [ detecting the wrong size of paper on the adf]. [this is common on kyocera]This will be shown on the screen, but if one is not paying attention, would be looking at other causes.

someone mentioned hard drive and that should be checked also, but unless full would get code. format the hard drive in u24 and see or try with another known good drive.

Is the machine printing duplex from your computer ?????
    Thank you all for your responds,well before i started to run u20 and u21 i already printout maintenance report setting, i will re enter the data that was lost. actually i haven't try the duplex from computer, but i try to format the hdd with u 24,but the green led light on start key refuse to on. what i observe is that when i power on the main switch, the scanner led light orange color between printer and fax key by the left side of the panel will be permanently on. well i will still visit the copier today
    Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

There is a QA bulletin regarding ADF size PWB's on several models.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I still on it, what else can i do again. i used u203 to check adf motor,it work fine and also u30 to check duplex motor, all are working fine.Then i printed duplex from computer, it works fine.

Can i format the hdd with computer??

Quote Originally Posted by quitech View Post
    I still on it, what else can i do again. i used u203 to check adf motor,it work fine and also u30 to check duplex motor, all are working fine.Then i printed duplex from computer, it works fine.

Can i format the hdd with computer??

First printout the status page from the system menu-report and check to see if the hard drive is listed as installed. [think the machine would not boot without a hardrive if it is a standard feature.

There is an option for a printer hard drive. the copy function hard drive comes as a 40gig standard drive. try this below. but i think u24 formats the copy hard drive. anyway let us know.

you can format the hardrive in a computer. you must format using fat32. you can then use the computer to do a scandisk on the drive.

Hard Disk Format (Initialization)
    Hard disk formatting (initialization) must be performed when the hard disk is first installed to the
    printer.
    1 Press the Printer key.
    2 Press [Printer Menu].
    3 Press [Hard Disk].

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    kmc 2525E duplex problem

failed HDD will disable duplex. on some of those older models
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.