Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

Kyocera DP 420 doc feeder

This machine Is jamming in the turn around, before it exits on the bottom to the slit glass I checked the mylar guides, replaced the pickup and feed rollers. Still get jams, Is it the 4 big rollers in that area or the guides that cause the problems there

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Kyocera DP 420 doc feeder

You will have to do a bit of disassembling that adf. just before the mylar near the slit glass there are about six rollers with pinch rollers that is difficult to see. maybe just need cleaning or something, staple or debris is caught in there. those rollers get very dirty, they don't usually cause jams, but sometimes we clean them depending on meter read. for the first time it will take a bit of time hour or two or you can attempt at your shop first to see what you will be getting into.

A shortcut method to try to clear the path is to use a tranparency sheet with some alcohol and run it through manually a few times, then run a few paper sheets. you will get some jam at the beginning, but then it works fine.

Since you did not mention any jam codes, then sensor ect, should be fine.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

thanks, I'll be going there today

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts happicopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavvet View Post
    This machine Is jamming in the turn around, before it exits on the bottom to the slit glass I checked the mylar guides, replaced the pickup and feed rollers. Still get jams, Is it the 4 big rollers in that area or the guides that cause the problems there
    i have the same problem with my DP 420, ive notice that the lead edge of the paper got stuck near the mylar film guide, mine is on the middle to back side once it pass thru the loop plate, ive tried adjustment on the hinges left and right clean all rollers sim 942 etc etc but problem still persist. im on the edge of using a file to remove the portion of the frame or the mylar film...almost there..

I got the customer a new adf on Ebay paid 159.00 for it and sold it for 350 installed