Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyocera FS C2526 Add toner "K" .....won't add

Got this call. Toner light came on, we added toner, won't add. still says add "K". Tried another toner, still will not add toner.
    Arrived...Removed toners, vacuumed toner spouts at top of t-belt (Maybe clogged due to humidity) Machine then toned up and ready. lasted one day...add "K". This time I found it was not getting from the t-belt augers into the DV unit. Vacuumed out the t-belt augers and blew air through it. Seems to be clear of any dibris or toner. Re assembled...adding toner...stops..."Add K" again...??
    * Is this a T-belt assembly issue. Looking for back up on this if you have "been there done that"
    -Steve
    Many thanks

Technician

Re: Kyocera FS C2526 Add toner "K" .....won't add

Look for service bulletins, part changed "CAM TONER SUPPLY" and other modifications, this may solve it... sometimes.
    Also check hinges are not broken.

Quick Tip: reinsert toner, open and close door (full path) several times and repeatedly hit the machine in left side while it is triying to add toner, sometimes its works for a while.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS C2526  Add toner "K"  .....won't add

There's a 41 page PDF along with two videos. It'll take a solid 8 hours to do all the updates.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Yes, there are mod kits for this machine where the cams from the machines that engage the toner containers were modified. I have done a few of those. however, i have removed the left side cam assy and stretched the spring a bit and that worked, it will save you some frustrating teardown if you have not done this on this machine before . some one had posted the mod kit setting here already. do a search for the fs-2626
    Actually i have done the mod kit and the message still appeared untill stretched the springs. i always stretch the springs now when i do the mod.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Just a word here about the mod kit. If you are going to do this, the instructions are good, but would advise to take lots of pictures of the cables orientation and where the noise filters are located. mark the cables where they enter from the machine side, so you can get a feel of the position they must be at. pay attention especially to the usb type cables, there is three of them. to remove the pins from the rail on the camshell, put a flathead and twist, then pull the pin out with a hemostat. be patient and watch all your steps or you will have to do it all again if you miss something that you forgot. Once you done it once or twice, it becomes a piece of cake.

one more thing. not recommended to do this in the field, although i can given the space. make sure you have the both left and right hinges and inspect the old ones or just replace them, they cost little.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Yes, there are mod kits for this machine where the cams from the machines that engage the toner containers were modified. I have done a few of those. however, i have removed the left side cam assy and stretched the spring a bit and that worked, it will save you some frustrating teardown if you have not done this on this machine before . some one had posted the mod kit setting here already. do a search for the fs-2626
    Actually i have done the mod kit and the message still appeared untill stretched the springs. i always stretch the springs now when i do the mod.
    I have done several gemini kits mods and not always getting good results, next time ill try springs also, thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You MAY need to do the mod kit, but reading your post, the toner is not passing through the xfer belt into the dev. unit as it should - not really a function or fix of the mod. kit. Make sure that the developing unit is turning properly and if the xfer belt has an auger in that area, that it is turning (can't remember for sure that it does).
    If what you are seeing is the problem, it would be a shame to spend a significant amount of time installing a mod. kit that is not needed, you may have something else not functioning correctly.

The mod. kits work, but they are not quick and easy to install, and they only fix what they fix.

Quote Originally Posted by CWP View Post
    You MAY need to do the mod kit, but reading your post, the toner is not passing through the xfer belt into the dev. unit as it should - not really a function or fix of the mod. kit. Make sure that the developing unit is turning properly and if the xfer belt has an auger in that area, that it is turning (can't remember for sure that it does).
    If what you are seeing is the problem, it would be a shame to spend a significant amount of time installing a mod. kit that is not needed, you may have something else not functioning correctly.

The mod. kits work, but they are not quick and easy to install, and they only fix what they fix.
    I agree with your assesment. but most of the time it seems to be that cam that does not engage the toner cartridge. To check this, open the clamshell and remove the toner guide on the inside left side of the machine, there is a tab that you have to squeeze and pull the guide toward the front of the machine and pull it out. reinstall the toners and close the camshell while observing the cams that engage the toner cartridge. you can see the ones that is not engaging. here is a clip from one of the bulletins.

Measure for the toner supply failure
    (Frequent display of the replace toner
    message)
    CAM TONER SUPPLY (302KV02461)
    --- 4 pcs.
    D022-2KT-0021

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera FS C2526  Add toner "K"  .....won't add

I have had the auger in the belt break on one machine. Usually this results in other (c,m,y) toner low messages. You can pull the belt and rotate by hand to watch the auger turn. Make sure you have something under the belt to catch loose toner while turning. I have also done the MOD kit to clear the same "Add toner K" message. As others have said, it's a full day in the shop.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is it in a dirty environment? If it is, forget it, it will not work properly.