Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Talking Kyocera Taskalfa 180

Dear Friends
    I am facing error code J10/J11 in Kyocera Taskalfa 180 digital copier. The paper was not picking from both paper cassette and Bypass tray. After replacing Main/Engine PWB copier has started to work again. Any other alternate measures to rectify this code.
    Thanks
    Alphonsus A

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 180

did you execute u906 from service mode? this resets machine disabled items. Should do this first before replacing boards. can't recall at the moment, but a similar model has the reset from the system menu and not service menu.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 180

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alphonsus View Post
    Dear Friends
    I am facing error code J10/J11 in Kyocera Taskalfa 180 digital copier. The paper was not picking from both paper cassette and Bypass tray. After replacing Main/Engine PWB copier has started to work again. Any other alternate measures to rectify this code.
    Thanks
    Alphonsus A
    I don't understand the question. You fixed the machine but are unsatisfied with the solution? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I don't understand the question. You fixed the machine but are unsatisfied with the solution? =^..^=
    I think he wants to know if this happens again, what should be done or which part should be replaced or what steps to first check and take.

My question, is why would the main and engine pwb both need to be replaced. If anything, the engine board alone should be replace.
    He did not say if he ran u906
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Dear All
    I have entered service mode, used simulation20 and initialized all the data of the machine. Still error code was not going .This machine doesn't have a separate Engine PWB and so Main/Engine PWB has to be changed. My question is whether Main/Engine PWB can be repaired locally or any other solution in the PWB. The PWB is very costly and customers are bit unhappy.
    Thanks
    Alphonsus A

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alphonsus View Post
    Dear All
    I have entered service mode, used simulation20 and initialized all the data of the machine. Still error code was not going .This machine doesn't have a separate Engine PWB and so Main/Engine PWB has to be changed. My question is whether Main/Engine PWB can be repaired locally or any other solution in the PWB. The PWB is very costly and customers are bit unhappy.
    Thanks
    Alphonsus A
    You are correct, in that the engine and main are one board. I did not have the TA-180 manuals but was looking at the TA-181 which i thought would be similar. TA-180 is not available here. the 181 has separate engine and main board, same looks.
    These machines are old and the solution is to spend the money towards a new machine, or source another parts machine for cheap. customers has to be aware that nothing last forever and change is necessary when that time comes. just like my car, i want to keep it forever, but