Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FSC-8025 MFP

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FSC-8025 MFP

FSC-8025 MFP

customer bought this machine and wants to do flyers from the mac program on their mac computer.it prints very slow as in about 30 minutes per A5 page .their IT has checked it all out and this is what he has said.

The problem occurs when printing from Office 2011 for Mac, other stuff prints fine. They have another Mac but it doesn't have office on it, so I can't determine if it's a general Office for Mac issue, or specifically something to do with the computer itself.

as he says printing from any other program is fine its just these flyers that seem to be a problem the fliers are made using power point.
    any ideas

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: FSC-8025 MFP

We've had several Macs printing slow with certain file types. Best fix I've found is to reinstall the driver with HP sockets instead of the default.
    So far has worked well for me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FSC-8025 MFP

Re: FSC-8025 MFP

ok so i have the answer to the mac printing from powerpoint.not i might add from me but i got an IT guru to have a look.with one picture on the screen when you send it to print it does wiered things.
    it changes the picture to a different type of file ie not pdf then it starts to print everything with the same type of file it also changes to a much higher resolution.so in actual fact if you have ten pictures saved in powerpoint for mac it will start to print them all wether you want them or not .we printed the same picture on the screen and after 10 minutes cancelled the print job.when it was cancelled it still printed a picture .after doing this 4 times it printed a different picture each time so somehow it was layering the pictures and printing the lot.