Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Kyocera PreScribe Macro

Hi guys,

I see there are a few PreScribe gurus among you.

Unfortunately, it was a bit before my time starting and they have swept it under the carpet. Saying that, I think it may be my only form or trying to replicate a bug from the old Konica Minolta BH C360.

I am looking to uncollate and staple a carbon copy sent from an accounting program. The machine interprets 2 copies or the original and carbon copy as two separate jobs and in turn will not staple them together. Logical I know but in this case, I need it to work that way.

The output being an invoice being printed, with the copies set to two and it prints out uncollated and stapled.

So, saying that, I have been trying to create a macro to process the job and the copy then staple it together.

STRUGGLING to get the code to work in the macro. Any advice?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera PreScribe Macro

Re: Kyocera PreScribe Macro

Since I don't know what you mean by carbon copy(those days are gone), I am assuming you mean a printed page from a computer program, that you want to automatically join with a document that you manually copy at the machine, through the document feeder or laying on the glass of the machine?
    If this is the case and you have to go through the motions to manually make a copy of your original, adding the printed page from the computer program would not be any more labor intensive. Then you can staple it as normal.
    Unless I'm not understanding your intentions, which is very possible.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You say you are struggling with the code in your macro. What do you have written up so far? Are you using CCPY?

Technician

Yeah, carbon copy days are certainly gone, more just reading out what the option is on the driver. I can use two ways to make a copy of the print job in question. First, by changing the print quantity to 2 and second by enabling the Carbon copy function and changing the quantity in that to 1 and whatever tray I want to use.

The output I'm looking for is to be able to have 2 printed copies of an invoice, have them print out uncollated and then stapled. The issue being that The driver and the machine see each copy as individual jobs and in turn won't allow them to be stapled together. (Eg: Page 1, Job 1 and Page 1, Job 2 rather than the required Page 1, Page 2, Job 1)

I have been trying to use the Kyocera IC-Link program to create the marco. Currently using STPL and JOBP functions at the end of the of job to try and override the stapling. I have looked at CCPY but since I have already got the carbon copy via the driver, I wouldn't need it again would I?

Also, someone mentioned a filter of sorts would be needed to make this thing work. I can only assume they mean a Prescrible PCL filter?

Thanks again guys.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera PreScribe Macro

I know this sounds too simple but I'm thinking that the group sorting mode might allow it to work

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera PreScribe Macro

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    Since I don't know what you mean by carbon copy(those days are gone)

Kyocera drivers have a carbon copy setting which lets you send the print job once but you get multiple sets ( carbon copy ).

Example : I send a print job to the copier ( Invoice ). I set the driver to make 2 carbon copies so that the original prints from tray 1 ( plain white paper ) first carbon copy prints from tray 2 ( yellow paper ) and second carbon copy prints from tray 3 ( blue paper ). Different color papers are given to different individuals or departments helping make sure that paper docs are distributed appropriately.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    I know this sounds too simple but I'm thinking that the group sorting mode might allow it to work
    Sometimes the simple answers are the right ones haha.

I'll give it a shot and see if it allows the stapling. Keep you up to date!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera PreScribe Macro

Quote Originally Posted by MCC-support View Post
    Sometimes the simple answers are the right ones haha.

I'll give it a shot and see if it allows the stapling. Keep you up to date!
    I suspect that it won't let you staple group sort sets, but I'll wish you luck anyway. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I suspect that it won't let you staple group sort sets, but I'll wish you luck anyway. =^..^=
    Your suspicions were correct as always BC! (As much as I wish they weren't in this case )

I have been moving up the chain of Kyocera and have managed to find someone familiar with this setup. But I'm still going to have to keep at it in the meantime as well.

Essentially, I've been told that I have to install a filter in the machine that runs on bootup (a macro of some sort) that looks out for a particular line of code and then swaps it for another when it spots it. Sounds simple. Sounds.... I think the use of CCPY as suggested earlier is going to be the way with a staple command in there somewhere.

I so wanted to keep what little hair I have left as well... *sigh*

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera PreScribe Macro

I wouldn't mind looking at the resulting code. I've spent a bit of time myself with PreScribe, and I think I could learn from the encounter. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=