Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

300ci firmware update

Have a 300 ci with print quality problems. Ordered the new transfer belt assembly, blac dev unit and drum. Once the parts were installed error c1950 and the error for missing black dev unit popped up. Called tech support they said to update firmware. However when looking at the version on the machine, 9.01 versus the latest version, 13.01 I checked the service manual. That has an error code listed of cf000. Which has instructions to replace the main dimm.

Now for the two questions. If I update the firmware and get the error code can I load an older version of the firmware to over ride the error? I do have a version 8.01 firmware for the machine.
    Second question. When looking for the part number of the dimm there are apparently more than six of them. So which one do I order just incase the new firmware scrambles the dimm beyond use. Parts and service manuals do not identify which of the several dims is the main dimm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    300ci firmware update

Re: 300ci firmware update

the dimm you want is the code dimm it sits on the main board .depending on the age of the machine there are two or three slots .code dimm is the top one .

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    300ci firmware update

At the time if this writing, I haven't seen a totally unusable version of Kyocera firmware in 5 years. So I would just load the latest. If you look closely on the Main PWB you will see in very tiny characters: CODE DIMM. That's how you'll tell which DIMM. Or you could take a glance at the service manual. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

302H794451 PARTS PWB CODE DIMM ASSY SP from parts list rev.3
    [ just want to state, that you should verify this part number for yourself ]

see kyocera general bulletin #86 for firmware related issues. you should not be needing any dimm though. do the update through usb stick.

you have kyocer dealer login yes. check the model in question under legacy models and see the bulletins there.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Second question. When looking for the part number of the dimm there are apparently more than six of them.

Actually, there are only one code dimm and four main boards for the diffrent speeds

the dimm works on all four models. look at the parts manual again and you can call tech support if you are still not sure.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke