Senior Tech 100+ Posts

KM5050 with C9060 code

I have a KM5050 that has a C9060 code. This copier is about 100 miles from the shop. I ordered a DP main PWB and the EPROM before making the trip, but after replacement the code remains. The DP does not show on the picture of copier in the display, when reset with U906 adjusting scanner is in lower left corner of display, then it codes out again. You can turn it off/on and it works fine from glass, but again no DP. Thanks for any insight as I do not work on many Kyoceras.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Re: KM5050 with C9060 code

Did you take the Eeprom out of your board and place it into the replacement board ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes I did. I also had a new EPROM from Kyocera that their HotLine said was self programming. Tried different combinations with PWBs and EPROMs, still no success.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM5050 with C9060 code

scanner board. underneath the adf, adf cable plugs into the board ( large cable ).

we usually have a couple in the junk room to borrow boards from.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the reply. I saw this board while reseating connectors and definitely worth a try. Sure would like to only make 1 more trip for call.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Finally got back to copier and replaced scanner board, but still have same symptons. One thing I did notice is if there is a document in the feeder while resetting with U906, the document present LED will light after executing and touching the start key and the display prompts you to turn off the main switch. It then goes out after cycling power. I'm not sure what this is trying to tell me. Looking at the main board next, but still open to suggestions.