Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry kyocera fs-c8525

Problem with Kyocera fs-c8525, similar to Utax cd5525. Paper jams every time in right hand side of machine. No pieces of jammed paper anywhere. Paper does not hook up, machine just shuts down as paper gets to the fuser section (doesn't actually enter the fuser rollers. Paper actually does keep driving for a second or so because it buckles up slightly into the gap where the transfer roller sits. Fuser is driving/rollers turning ok and grips paper fine when manually rolling paper through. I have inspected fuser, ITB unit and all areas around, cannot find a reason. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kyocera fs-c8525

Re: kyocera fs-c8525

one of our techs had exactly the same problem .he is not here at the moment to ask him where it was but he found a a piece of plastic in the paper feed area that was slowing the paper feed
    he just trimmed it with a knife and all was ok .when he gets in later i will give you some more info of where it was exactely.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: kyocera fs-c8525

Quote Originally Posted by blsquires View Post
    one of our techs had exactly the same problem .he is not here at the moment to ask him where it was but he found a a piece of plastic in the paper feed area that was slowing the paper feed
    he just trimmed it with a knife and all was ok .when he gets in later i will give you some more info of where it was exactely.
    Much appreciated. Wait to hear from you

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera fs-c8525

What jam codes?

Perhaps one of these posts will be helpful:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...tml#post483511

Knowing the jam code might be helpful. =^..^+
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kyocera fs-c8525

ok i now have the full info open the door and look at the mylar between the two feed rollers it should be bent backwards .if customer gets a jam in the bypass and pulls the paper out (as they do)
    it gets pulled back wards his cure was to cut off the mylar as once it is bent forward it dosnt sit properly.
    hope this helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    What jam codes?

Perhaps one of these posts will be helpful:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...tml#post483511

Knowing the jam code might be helpful. =^..^+
    No jam code that l noticed. Just informs me that there is a paper jam in right hand door. I have had a response from another user re the mylar which can get bent. I will have a go at this today. If it doesn't cure problem l will re-check for an error code. Our Kyo guy is on leave for 2 weeks unfortunately and cannot contact him!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    No jam code that l noticed. Just informs me that there is a paper jam in right hand door. I have had a response from another user re the mylar which can get bent. I will have a go at this today. If it doesn't cure problem l will re-check for an error code. Our Kyo guy is on leave for 2 weeks unfortunately and cannot contact him!!!
    There may be no jam codes on the screen, but if you print out the event log, jam codes will be listed there. print and post event log if you can.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    There may be no jam codes on the screen, but if you print out the event log, jam codes will be listed there. print and post event log if you can.
    Unfortunately l cannot get machine to print anything. Doesn't get far enough to even get print on paper. Going back tomorrow when l have more time and see if l can sort it. One guy suggested the mylar gets bent down so this is a possibility. I am Ricoh and Canon trained and only covering this for our Kyocera guy so do not know these machines very well. Strange that it just stops as paper approaches fuser entrance. Fuser uns ok as l have activated micro switch with side door open and fuser is running. Appreciate your help

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    Unfortunately l cannot get machine to print anything. Doesn't get far enough to even get print on paper. Going back tomorrow when l have more time and see if l can sort it. One guy suggested the mylar gets bent down so this is a possibility. I am Ricoh and Canon trained and only covering this for our Kyocera guy so do not know these machines very well. Strange that it just stops as paper approaches fuser entrance. Fuser uns ok as l have activated micro switch with side door open and fuser is running. Appreciate your help
    I'm not sure if this model is capable but you may be able to export any of the U000 reports to a USB drive. Connect your drive, then enter the mode. From there, you should see an option for text or html format.

edit: Confirmed on one in our demo room.
    Last edited by wragsdale; 11-18-2015 at 06:21 PM.