Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

Taskalfa 250ci drum Poor 1/2 tones Cyan

I have a cyan drum that is uneven on lite/gray-scale type prints. On solids it is fine, printing out from sim 89 color belt, The solid line is great the gray tone area shows the weekness. I swapped the charger, cleaned the drum, and when I moved the drum to the Yellow position the Liteness followed the drum, 1/2 tones were great for cyan with the yellow drum. Anyone getting out of these and have extra drums or PM kits for sale? My boss wanted to know. any other ideas on how to fix Lite 1/2 tones? I did try drum & DV refresh, sim's 410, 412, and 464. It does have a new Black PM kit due to Xfer belt crash, but the old black drum has spots so its out.
    Thanks
    Gar

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci drum Poor 1/2 tones  Cyan

Re: Taskalfa 250ci drum Poor 1/2 tones Cyan

I'm a little confused Gar. You have determined that the drum is the problem ... but do not want to change the drum? That's OK with me. Feel free not to fix it.

If you're looking for a fix for charge arced drums, there is none other than replacement with a new one. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Gar the pilot

Unhappy Re: Taskalfa 250ci drum Poor 1/2 tones Cyan

If there is no other resolve ( which I think there isnt) then I can order another drum. My boss is trying to watch the $$. He also is hoping that someone may be done with these copiers and has a left over drum or PM kit to sale. He wanted me to see if anyone has found a fix for the lite gray scale problem as this drum has not arced out yet. I have 2 of these drums with no spots from arcing but with lite side to side problems. I believe that the new drum last a lot better and hope if I can get them replaced we can get a few more years of service out of these. Just the boss dosn't think so and is worryed that we put a lot of $$ into thses only to have them go bad soon. First time he dosn't trust Mita. He was even okay with the DC-513 and we had some of those go over 2M copy. This client is also going down hill so selling a replacement "ain't goin to Happen". Yes, I think I need to replace the drum

Gar the pilot

I finally got to replace this drum,..Wow looks nice now. My client is a coffee roaster and does a lot of rich browns. They can burn through a lot of toner too. 7-10% fill and picky graphics gal ( MM cute ). I would like these copiers a lot better if the drums, belts, and fusers went near their CC life spans. I don't seem to have much trouble with them other than those. Would be dream machines if there supplies/kits lasted like the KM-2530 ETC. I have a few of the color 305c and FS-C8520 and wonder if they will also have problems with age or have they fixed this problem? I fear placing big color copiers now, but have possable sales coming up this next year.
    Happy THanksgiving to all next week
    If sunny,..I am going flying

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    250ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    ...dream machines...
    That's a good joke!

But seriously, the Saturn series, even with all new updated components, still has a number of issues that simply aren't worth the headache. Sales likes to resell these machines because all they see is 1) cheap 2) big 3) color. And that means an easy turn for profit. That is, until you start seeing any of the drum or developer or transfer or motor issues that plague these things.

Oh and btw, with that kinda coverage you may want to have a look at this blackcat post.

Cheers

Gar the pilot

WE won't be reselling these. We have had a used one in the copy center ready for sale but we are all tech's that also sell. The newer stuff I hope is better running, and cost less when replacing drims etc. I have sold FS-C8520's and so far so good. by the time we try to sale the 250Ci with an new M/A kit our cost is almost more than the new FS-C8520 units. About 1/2 of our M/A's are toner and Parts only ,..No P/M KITS so the boss likes those, we just have to get the client to pop for the Kits.
    Turkey day just ahead. I am Thankfull for a job, knees that still work, and a non-paperless world.
    Gar