Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Smile Kyocera TA 3010i Feed & Retard Roller worn after 30000 prints

we have 20 TA 3010i in many scools
    after print 30000 are the feed Roller and retard Roller extremely worn and than J10 or J11 and nothing Paper feed on this cassette
    There are rollers from another manufacturer that work better?
    A colleague told something of Konika Minolta roller are supposed to work longer.
    Or can I use only the tyre from an 3051ci ?

My English is bad, I am from Germany

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera TA 3010i Feed & Retard Roller worn after 30000 prints

Re: Kyocera TA 3010i Feed & Retard Roller worn after 30000 prints

To my knowledge, the KM tires you're referring to are interchangeable on the 4500i & 5500i.
    The 3010i uses the same tires as the 3500i, 3050ci & 3550ci. I agree they don't last worth using at all.
    They are also the same as the 1128/1135 with the exception of the pickup roller.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

One thing I've learned about schools...they will only use one paper cassette because they are too lazy or in a hurry to fill the others...I can usually just rotate feed rollers from other trays and get thru a full year without having to actually replace any yet if I don't have any on me lol
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

just a question here about using other type of rollers. These machines are fairly new and i am thinking is still under warranty. Now, by using third party rollers, could the manufacturer have a case to void the warranty ?.[of course if they found out]. just a question that came to mind.
    Also, is this machine robust enough to be in a school enviroment ?. I wondering if they can take the beating schools dish out. I know for a fact, the adf would generate headache calls as they are poor quality. my opinion anyway.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Konica Minolta A00J##### rollers should work. The Kyocera guys are all using them now.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    just a question here about using other type of rollers. These machines are fairly new and i am thinking is still under warranty. Now, by using third party rollers, could the manufacturer have a case to void the warranty ?.[of course if they found out]. just a question that came to mind.
    Also, is this machine robust enough to be in a school enviroment ?. I wondering if they can take the beating schools dish out. I know for a fact, the adf would generate headache calls as they are poor quality. my opinion anyway.

anyone with a comment of the above.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

Thanks for the answer
    i have today order roller from Konica Minolta bizub 250 i hope the roller aré the right.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm pretty sure using any non-OEM parts (rollers included) will void your warranty. That being said, it's unreasonable to think that anyone will know you're using non-OEM feed rollers. Anyway, the alternative KM rollers cannot replace the 3010i rollers so it's a moot point.

I would say no, but this depends on a lot of factors. If this model was going into any of our school systems, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
    Thanks for the answer
    i have today order roller from Konica Minolta bizub 250 i hope the roller aré the right.
    See the below quoted post. They are completely different rollers and will not work in the 3010i.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    To my knowledge, the KM tires you're referring to are interchangeable on the 4500i & 5500i.
    The 3010i uses the same tires as the 3500i, 3050ci & 3550ci. I agree they don't last worth using at all.
    They are also the same as the 1128/1135 with the exception of the pickup roller.

Technician

Red face Re: Kyocera TA 3010i Feed & Retard Roller worn after 30000 prints

The rollers from Bizhub 200 works good in this Maschine. We testing how long the Rollers working.
    Thanks for all posts.

[QUOTE=wragsdale;498598]I'm pretty sure using any non-OEM parts (rollers included) will void your warranty. That being said, it's unreasonable to think that anyone will know you're using non-OEM feed rollers. Anyway, the alternative KM rollers cannot replace the 3010i rollers so it's a moot point.

My line of question and reasoning is this. Sometimes our road techs have unique issues with machines under warranty and our kyocera service reps go out with the techs to look at the machines, and therein the problem may arise.

MikeL, thanks for the feedback and the success, i will pass this on to our service manager here to see if he wants to jump in.