Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Copystar cs2560  Drum Install Issue

Copystar cs2560 Drum Install Issue

Hi
    I took a drum unit out of machine from my office,and tried to install it in customers machine.I couldn't get drum all the way in to lock in.I put customers
    drum unit back in machine,and could not get that one all the way in either.I do not see anything blocking drums from going all the way in.After spending an hour
    trying to figure out what is stopping drums from going in,I gave up.It was already after 630Pm and I was tired.Im going back tomorrow to try again,Has
    anyone had any problems with this type of problem?I don't see many of these,so my experience on them is limited.
    thanks for any help you can offer, Andy

monstott2010

Re: Copystar cs2560 Drum Install Issue

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    I took a drum unit out of machine from my office,and tried to install it in customers machine.I couldn't get drum all the way in to lock in.I put customers
    drum unit back in machine,and could not get that one all the way in either.I do not see anything blocking drums from going all the way in.After spending an hour
    trying to figure out what is stopping drums from going in,I gave up.It was already after 630Pm and I was tired.Im going back tomorrow to try again,Has
    anyone had any problems with this type of problem?I don't see many of these,so my experience on them is limited.
    thanks for any help you can offer, Andy
    Havent had the problem on that model, but have on others where the drum drive gears just not meshing up correctly keeping the drum from going all the way in... should be spring loaded, but sometimes they don't retract correctly...

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

did you shift the DV unit back?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I agree with Monstott on this one. On FalconI, FalconII, FalconIII, Stratos, the drum drive coupler is made of cast iron, and tends to get sticky quickly. As a rule, when I install a new drum unit or any time I remove it, I make sure to put a couple drops of oil on the drum unit side of the coupler (that is spring loaded). I can guarantee that by the time the drum is worn out at 300 to 500K, the drum coupler will be again stuck, and not return at all.

In addition, even a new drum unit coupler will not mate easily. If you try to force it with the screw, it will snap off the mounting tab. When installing the drum unit, I will visually estimate the position of the engine side of the coupler, say 3 o'clock/9 o'clock, then turn the drum side of the coupler to match. It usually takes a couple tries to get it close enough to slide right in.

AFAIK they have always been this way. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi
    Thanks for all the help.I was there yesterday for over an hour trying to install drum in machine.Today I went back,and it slid right in ,I must have
    been really tired yesterday and needed a fresh look at with a clear head.Im just relieved it went in with no problem.
    THANKS ANDY