monstott2010

500ci Color Lines/Bands

Ok, hopefully someone out there has seen this...

500ci leaving color lines/bands across the pages on prints (internal) when in COLOR ONLY, black/white seems to be just fine. Attached samples from first visit. Have since replaced Engine PWB, Transfer HV PWB, and Motor Control PWB. All developers/drums SEEM to be turning correctly, no error messages showing up either... some pages will come out just fine, but then randomly getting the various color lines and/or color bands... seems to be ALL 4 colors affected when it is occurring, but does not happen on non-color prints at all..500ci.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: 500ci Color Lines/Bands

Can't see your pic. I have seen the transfer belt cause a similar sounding issue but without your pic I can't be sure. Transfer belt has the cam system to lift the rollers that sit under the belt surface. Could be them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Looks like you have a couple of issues.
    Your sample picture shows toner lines outside the normal image process width.
    The toner outside the page would be a cleaning station issue, ie Drum blade or ITB blade.

It appears there is staple damage to the black drum unit. Is there a staple lodged in the PCU causing bias problems ?

Clean/check correct electrical contacts with the ITB unit. You may like to disassemble the ITB unit and clean all the rollers, or replace with a new ITB ass'y.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    500ci Color Lines/Bands

I agree with Neo that you've got at least two concurrent problems here:

The black developing unit is arcing, probably damaging the black drum unit also. You can see this on page 1 of your sample set, banding through all the colors.

The cyan developing unit is also arcing, and may or may not have damaged the cyan drum unit. You can see this on page 3 of your attached sample. Notice the cyan banding through all the colors.

Yellow seems to be OK.

Magenta may clean up with just a primary charge unit.

If you hope to complete this call on one trip, I would suggest replacing the black and cyan developing units, the black and cyan drums, and a magenta primary charge unit. Then do a color calibration. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

monstott2010

Thanks for the advice.. will check those out.. I do have issues with yellow as well, but they are harder to see on the pics... because of that, I was trying to focus on the areas common to all colors... Transfer belt seemed to be ok, but hadn't tried to swap it yet, will do that asap