Re: Kyocera fs-6525 adding toner

Quote Originally Posted by meldwo View Post
    i have same problem
    It solved the problem by vigorously shaking the toner

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by meldwo View Post
    It solved the problem by vigorously shaking the toner

The problem will most likely return. The issue is the cam gears which drive the augers in the toner cartridges. The "stick" in and thus do not deliver toner. There is a bulletin for this. You may be able to just lube them to get by.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera fs-6525 adding toner

I know this is an old thread, but I came to a slightly different conclusion:

I was getting "Add Toner M" and "Add Toner K" after 3 or 4 pages. Several toner cartridges were tried. It comes and goes. Customer knows to bring up the Command Center to view toner levels.

Add Toner1.jpg

If you take a look at the toner feed coupler cams, you'll see that the cyan cam stops at ~1:00 o'clock (engaged), but magenta and black remain at 11:00 o'clock (not engaged). You might also notice that this machine is just a little bit dusty. There's an opening in the top of the assembly allowing extra dirt down into the cam assys for M & K.

Add Toner2.jpg

The way this works is that the gear in the back of the housing couples to the center coupler part, with a spring that presses it into toner cartridge drive coupler. When the top door is opened, the cam retracts the coupler so the toner cartridge can be installed. The dirt prevents the cam from turning freely. Even cleaned, the cams did not move freely enough, but a little Triflow made the difference. In retrospect, I might have stretched the springs a little.

Once re-assembled, when the top door is closed, the cams start at ~10:00 o'clock. But when the toner motor spins anti-clockwise the cams nudge their way over to ~1:00 o'clock, engaging the couplers.

Unfortunately, there's more to it:
    During disassembly I noticed the container fan motor wasn't plugged in, mainly because it made a terrible racket. Somewhere along the way someone had unplugged the fan. The additional heat in the toner cartridge area partly fused the toner in the black cartridge.

Next visit I replaced the fan and took the toner cartridge out behind the building and beat the crap out of it. Then the toner flowed ...

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dfortin View Post
    If I remember correctly all Kyocera's are mono-component so unlike the sharps and canons you dont have to add developer separately. The toner that comes with the machine has just enough to get it running and making a few copies. hope this helps ^^
    i don't think that they are mono conpnent this machine , because i have found (not used) compatible developer for this machine.
    I believe he must use an other new toner and if the problem remains to re install machine.
    Also he can try to manually add some toner and to check if it works.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I came to a slightly different conclusion:

I was getting "Add Toner M" and "Add Toner K" after 3 or 4 pages. Several toner cartridges were tried. It comes and goes. Customer knows to bring up the Command Center to view toner levels.

Add Toner1.jpg

If you take a look at the toner feed coupler cams, you'll see that the cyan cam stops at ~1:00 o'clock (engaged), but magenta and black remain at 11:00 o'clock (not engaged). You might also notice that this machine is just a little bit dusty. There's an opening in the top of the assembly allowing extra dirt down into the cam assys for M & K.

Add Toner2.jpg

The way this works is that the gear in the back of the housing couples to the center coupler part, with a spring that presses it into toner cartridge drive coupler. When the top door is opened, the cam retracts the coupler so the toner cartridge can be installed. The dirt prevents the cam from turning freely. Even cleaned, the cams did not move freely enough, but a little Triflow made the difference. In retrospect, I might have stretched the springs a little.

Once re-assembled, when the top door is closed, the cams start at ~10:00 o'clock. But when the toner motor spins anti-clockwise the cams nudge their way over to ~1:00 o'clock, engaging the couplers.

Unfortunately, there's more to it:
    During disassembly I noticed the container fan motor wasn't plugged in, mainly because it made a terrible racket. Somewhere along the way someone had unplugged the fan. The additional heat in the toner cartridge area partly fused the toner in the black cartridge.

Next visit I replaced the fan and took the toner cartridge out behind the building and beat the crap out of it. Then the toner flowed ...

=^..^=
    Much respect for your work on this difficult issue. Just wanted to point out I think this thread is about the FS-6525 that looks like this:

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Of course. I just realized that myself. I was thinking of an ECOSYS M6526cidn. Sorry for the confusion.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=