Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: *&%&%& 3050ci with skewed image.. HELP

Quote Originally Posted by GUNit View Post
    if the image is skewed on the transfer belt then you can discount paper feed. if internal prints are skewed then discount optics which leaves engine more than likely laser, maybe not seated correctly or an adjustment on the Lsu itself. if the paper feed is proven then maybe once the paper has the first inch or so of the image which would make the lead edge not skewed then maybe something on the fuser or exit kicking the paper to one side? but it all comes back to why is the image skewed on the transfer belt? good luck please post back with fix.
    Hi
    I replaced the K laser unit, no change , than swapped the entire laser assembly (frame with lasers), no change. AND tried a new fuser, no change....What you are saying about the skewed image on the transfer belt is bugging me the most and I think is the key to the problem, that's why I tried the K laser than the entire assy.

Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi
    I replaced the K laser unit, no change , than swapped the entire laser assembly (frame with lasers), no change. AND tried a new fuser, no change....What you are saying about the skewed image on the transfer belt is bugging me the most and I think is the key to the problem, that's why I tried the K laser than the entire assy.

Thanks
    just wondering what its like if you do single colour cyan or magenta will it be skewed as there are 4 individual lasers just wondering now if someone has maybe been playing with the allen screws on the front of the laser accessible behind drum and dev unit cover as if my memory serves me right adjusts the angles of the laser mirrors. if skewed on transfer it can only be laser unless the belt is wandering off somehow, hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by GUNit View Post
    just wondering what its like if you do single color cyan or magenta will it be skewed as there are 4 individual lasers just wondering now if someone has maybe been playing with the allen screws on the front of the laser accessible behind drum and dev unit cover as if my memory serves me right adjusts the angles of the laser mirrors. if skewed on transfer it can only be laser unless the belt is wandering off somehow, hope this helps
    It's on all colors, that's why I swapped the entire laser assy with a known good on. I was told be tech support that the K laser image is used as a reference point for all the colors and image. That's why at first I replaced the K laser.

Thanks

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Is the machine sitting on level ground/floor eg. uneven tiles ?

Has the main frame of the machine been twisted updown or skewed sideways during transport?
    Has the entire machine been carelessly lifted/dropped on one corner of the machine ?

I'm thinking with a bent main frame the rego-rollers might not be sitting exactly linear, and may be moving the copy paper to the front/rear side during conveyancing.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Is the machine sitting on level ground/floor eg. uneven tiles ?

Has the main frame of the machine been twisted updown or skewed sideways during transport?
    Has the entire machine been carelessly lifted/dropped on one corner of the machine ?

I'm thinking with a bent main frame the rego-rollers might not be sitting exactly linear, and may be moving the copy paper to the front/rear side during conveyancing.
    Hi
    The floor is level and according to the customer output was normal after installation. Also the copier is sitting on the 3k paper deck.We pulled the copier and gave then the same for a loaner and the loaner is working perfectly. I keep thinking that the image was not completely square to the paper from jump street ,but the customer swears that output was perfect until several months ago..VERY FRUSTRATING...

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

You mention it in your initial post but I'm just checking you did Service Bulletin E164-2N4-0025 (which would have changed if you used an entirely different conveying unit).

Our machine is in a church that really isn't noticing but an autistic child in the daycare brought it to their attention.

I attached a pic from our Tech Rep from a feed port itself. We found that if you pulled out Trays 1 or 3 and reached in and put finger pressure on trail edge front or rear of the paper you could mess with the "skew" on legal and ledger which is the most noticeable. I haven't been back to "bend" the metal, we messed around with different springs from our "bag o' springs" cause the little one's that are in there are weak little pieces of crap.

Hope this helps. Good times making big changes and getting the same results
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    *&%&%&  3050ci with skewed image.. HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi
    The floor is level and according to the customer output was normal after installation. Also the copier is sitting on the 3k paper deck.We pulled the copier and gave then the same for a loaner and the loaner is working perfectly. I keep thinking that the image was not completely square to the paper from jump street ,but the customer swears that output was perfect until several months ago..VERY FRUSTRATING...

Thanks
    Any update on this Geo ? I have a couple of 3050ci's I'm having trouble with.
    Thanks,
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I went back to check out mine, and the lead edge is varying in 089 prints. Has anyone had to replace the clutch on the silver resist roller, or the rubber roller below it for a lead edge issue. I never have, and have had quite a few machines over 2 mil pages on them. This one has considerably less.
    Thanks !
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Any update on this Geo ? I have a couple of 3050ci's I'm having trouble with.
    Thanks,
    My apologies for not posting my fix.

Looking at the PDF that "20gaugeo/u" posted , the springs that apply pressure to the 4 white pressure rollers in the paper feed units are completely useless , old or new. If you look at the rollers on older assemblies you will actually see a gap between them and the upper rubber roller. I believe that roller is supposed to correct any skew from the cassettes. So , I replaced the springs ( 4 ) with springs and caps from the top of 6501/8000 conveying section. Part numbers are " 302K929780 spring " and " 2FM04150 Cap " . The springs are the same diameter but substantially stronger.

This solved my skewing problem, don't bother with new units ( they still skew ) unless they are using stronger springs. I haven't ordered any in a while so I don't know if they are.

Cheers,,,

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like the fix for the FalconIII and Voyager. On these models they came with (1) spring each shaft, but there are places for (3) springs. Two of the standard springs in the outer positions is the fix for those models. (3) springs is too much pressure. The door pops open by itself, inconveniently. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=