Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    We had one that would constantly jam with a j-65 and we tried all kinds of things. was fixed when we replaced the guide plate ass'y. (kyocera calls it a "stay reverse feed".. the part # is 302FB19331) turns out that it was warped a little so it was causing intermediate jamming problems. After replacement, the damn thing ran a 15,000 page duplex copy job without one jam. hope it helps. might or might not but it couldn't hurt..lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I had some luck (so far) with a 6030 by cleaning the Feedshift Solenoid and Duplex Switchback Solenoid. The shafts can get gunky.

Technician
    Try setting U263 to FACE-UP (MEMORY) for the DP. This will prevent documents fed from the DP from entering the duplex unit. It will finish scanning originals prior to begining copy output. U331 is copy output from the glass, default I beleive is already face up.
    Another thing I've done is file smooth the slot where the pin from the solonoid rides in the eject roller in the duplex unit. It has a tendancy to dent because of the soft Jap metal used and cause the solonoid to drag slightly. There was a firmware update that was suppossed to give a little more time out delay for that reason but I noticed no difference. Yes the solonoid gets gunked up.

The dulpex eject roller would be a good choice to replace but they have been on back order.

The J62 codes seemed to have appeared all of a sudden on my machines out of the blue. Some had 200k copies, some had 1 million. Go figure.

jam

KM6030/8030: “Jamming in Fuser/Switchback Area” .Check eject feed
    pressure. Remove 302FB20710 (Upper Cover A Fuser Eject).This cover warps
    and prevents positive feed pressure between the upper and lower fuser eject
    rollers. Modify or replace as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    I tried to wide the gap of the stay reverse feed assembly.

Unscrew the unit and place a piece of tape (+/-1mm) on the rear and the front side of the unit, on the exit side of the machine so that the unit tilts over to the right side.

I tried it already with a few machines and so far so good.

Thanks a lot for your knowledge ! I done it on my TA DC 2080, and i solved the problem, i also modified fusing speed, and changed duplex roller