Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

TA 3051ci drops of AirPrint

Greeting everyone

Have an issue with AirPrint on a customer's network. 2 TA 3051ci will publish the devices so you can print using Airprint from IOS devices (iPhone & Ipad). However, after about a minute, the devices won't show up again. It will only be visible again if you restart the NIC or the MFP. This happens to both machines. A twist to the situation, is there are a couple of HP inkjet printers that publish themselves and never drop off.

I have updated firmware on both mfps. No change.

I tested Airprint on my networks and they show up all the time, even if the MFP is in sleep mode.

Question is. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thank You

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: TA 3051ci drops of AirPrint

Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    Greeting everyone

Have an issue with AirPrint on a customer's network. 2 TA 3051ci will publish the devices so you can print using Airprint from IOS devices (iPhone & Ipad). However, after about a minute, the devices won't show up again. It will only be visible again if you restart the NIC or the MFP. This happens to both machines. A twist to the situation, is there are a couple of HP inkjet printers that publish themselves and never drop off.

I have updated firmware on both mfps. No change.

I tested Airprint on my networks and they show up all the time, even if the MFP is in sleep mode.

Question is. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thank You
    Kyocera notes that the TA 3051ci IS AirPrint compatible...question is, is your Apple Device up to date with its iOS?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

Also, when the machine "drops off" the network, I would use this piece of software on your iDevice:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fing...430921107?mt=8

to scan for the problematic MFP and see if it is making itself available.

Also, this might provide some helpful info!:

AirPrint: No printers visible on Apple iOS devices - EveryonePrint Leading Mobile Print solution

Good Luck!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

Thanks qbert69 for your reply. that Fing app is awesome.

More info on the airprint issue. At the customers location, I used 2 different iPhones to test airprint (iPhone 5 & 6 with ios 9.2.1). Users at the location had various versions ipads and iphones. when I ran the same sort of test here on 2 of my networks, the mfps on my networks never dropped airprint. it was even showing when the mfp was in sleep mode.

don't know if this is maybe a combination of Kyocera controller and router causing the issue.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    Thanks qbert69 for your reply. that Fing app is awesome.

More info on the airprint issue. At the customers location, I used 2 different iPhones to test airprint (iPhone 5 & 6 with ios 9.2.1). Users at the location had various versions ipads and iphones. when I ran the same sort of test here on 2 of my networks, the mfps on my networks never dropped airprint. it was even showing when the mfp was in sleep mode.

don't know if this is maybe a combination of Kyocera controller and router causing the issue.

Thanks again
    Thanks for your reply back!

I think you might be having problems based on network topology--it should be as simple and straightforward as possible! If the network is set up to recognize UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) then you shouldn't have any problems, especially if DHCP, Bonjour and other services are allowed. If you have a routing device that is not registering and keeping the information registered, that may be the source of your problems! Some routers are a bit more savvy with registering and presenting the services on the network. I personally like Netgear products--they design their devices for gaming and multimedia, so they have to be "service savvy"!

Good Luck and Let Me know What You Find Out!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We have a new M2540dw that keeps losing the airprint. All other protocols seem to work fine. Restarting the network will bring it back on line, usually for the rest of the day. I thought it might be related to power save, but we've extended that and they've also powered it off at night. Powering on the next morning, usually will not Airprint until you restart the network. I've tried firmware, etc.
    I'm guessing it's related to the router, but need some more information on where to start with their it. I know it relies on Bonjour & WSD, but any more info to make troubleshooting educated, would help greatly.
    I opened a ticket with the hotline, but it wasn't really helpful.
    Thanks,
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    We have a new M2540dw that keeps losing the airprint. All other protocols seem to work fine. Restarting the network will bring it back on line, usually for the rest of the day. I thought it might be related to power save, but we've extended that and they've also powered it off at night. Powering on the next morning, usually will not Airprint until you restart the network. I've tried firmware, etc.
    I'm guessing it's related to the router, but need some more information on where to start with their it. I know it relies on Bonjour & WSD, but any more info to make troubleshooting educated, would help greatly.
    Thanks,
    This mfp has wireless built in. Make sure you're in the proper network mode for Airprint to function properly. I believe Airprint functionality can be adversely affected or unreliable if you're in the wrong networking mode. Airprint can function when wired...not necessarily wireless.TA 3051ci drops of AirPrint

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Thanks,

WSD Might be your issue. On quite a few networks I've worked on, if they're using a WSD port instead of a Standard TCP/IP port for printing, they will consistently lose connection to the copier, and a reboot is required to reconnect. I've not spent a lot of time in Airprint, but can you configure it to search for the IP address instead of using the WSD protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "
    I tested Airprint on my networks and they show up all the time, even if the MFP is in sleep mode. "

Key word there is " MY " network... but not THEIRS?
    HOW far is device ( mobile ) from router/machine?
    proper driver?
    tested with YOUR device?
    Also consider building structure affecting wireless!!! Metal ductwork, metal studs, metal roofing & siding!!!TA 3051ci drops of AirPrint...also placement of Wi-Fi router in relation to end user.TA 3051ci drops of AirPrint

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

I made sure the wireless is off. The MFP is hardwired. Wireless signal strength is very good, especially in the area of the MFP. I don't really know of any way to troubleshoot the problem.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

As of now, it seems that U021 has resolved the issue. Airprint has been online since I executed the SIM. It was dropping every day, and restarting the network was the only way to get it back.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook