Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera FS 1135 No power

Kyocera FS 1135 No power

This machine is really dead... The customer said they were making a few copies and then it just powered off. The power running to the machine is hot. The fuses on the "Power source" PWB are good and I also tested the power button (Under the platen glass). All good. Thought before I replaced the Power source PWB I would ask if anyone has seen this issue and if a common problem. This machine is less than a year old and in a stable power environment... THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP !!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS 1135 No power

Replace main board. It is more likely than the power source board. Replaced quite a few of them.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    This machine is really dead... The customer said they were making a few copies and then it just powered off. The power running to the machine is hot. The fuses on the "Power source" PWB are good and I also tested the power button (Under the platen glass). All good. Thought before I replaced the Power source PWB I would ask if anyone has seen this issue and if a common problem. This machine is less than a year old and in a stable power environment... THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP !!!
    Pull the power source from the main board a couple of times to clean the pins.

Technician

Three fuse on power supply ,F1,F2,F101. Further ensure YC103 is properly connected. Further check F2,F5 on control card.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osmani View Post
    Three fuse on power supply ,F1,F2,F101. Further ensure YC103 is properly connected. Further check F2,F5 on control card.
    If in the case a fuse is blown, just don't replace the fuse. You have to check the other components on the power supply to make sure the fets, triac, caps or others are not taken out too. Unless one has a bit of electronics troubleshooting history, i would just replace the entire power supply as a saefty procedure. Main, engine and the other boards you can fool around, but the low voltage power supply is fire and other hazards.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

There is a good chance that it is the main board. This board has been redesigned to help with this failure.