Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Removal of laser unit Taskalpha 300i

I've got to remove the laser assy' so as to clean them. faint black copies after PM still. I've taken the by-pass assy off and other panels and frame piece. I've got the end all clear for this laser box to pull out. It will not. There must be something on the fuser door side of the machine still holding it in place (springs?) or something... I can jostle it around a little but there is something still holding it in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the disassembly section in my manual...TIA -Steve

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Removal of laser unit Taskalpha 300i

If you have got as far as to removal of the lsu cover then, the rest is as follows.

13. Remove two screws and remove the cooling
    fan assembly

14. Remove three screws and remove the LSU
    cover
    15. Remove two connectors.
    16. Remove four screws and remove the laser
    scanner unit.
    17. Replace the laser scanner unit and install
    the unit.
    18. Refit all the removed parts.

nothing else to hold it in place.

check the secondary transfer roller contacts on the door side and the machine side.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Jammed,
    If you are working on a 300ci instead of a 300i black and white, then yes, there are two retaining screws and springs that must be removed from the registration area below the fuser. There are two small access holes through the black plastic guide; they are MUCH easier to see and remove with the left side conveying door removed. In fact, they are nearly impossible to remove without first removing the left side conveying door assembly.
    Oh, have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by CWP View Post
    Jammed,
    If you are working on a 300ci instead of a 300i black and white, then yes, there are two retaining screws and springs that must be removed from the registration area below the fuser. There are two small access holes through the black plastic guide; they are MUCH easier to see and remove with the left side conveying door removed. In fact, they are nearly impossible to remove without first removing the left side conveying door assembly.
    Oh, have fun!!
    Think you are right there CPW. think he meant the 300ci but said 300i. Guess he will have to respond to confirm this. As misses says. Don't forget to cross your t's and dot your i's and double check your work. In other words do a quick review of your post message before you hit that submit button.
    I responded to the model he quoted in my earlier reply to this post.