Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Prints in color changes paper to a light tan

Same here. Hard to notice any unusual background on those. Considering the total counter and the rest i noticed following: You don't need to clean the laser unit, the grayscale is bad and only replacement of the K drum unit will fix it (trust me I've been there), yellow fill is weak (color calibration, U412, U410 might help a bit, but new developer unit Y will fix it). The rest looks ok from my point of view.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Seems like the black charge roller is shot or should try cleaning properly anyway. If cleaning does not work, then swap the charge roller with another colour or from a used drum. Then do drum cleaning, dev refresh from system menu i believe. last u410 and colour calibration. I would not spend money on this machine. I would put that to your next upgrade.
    charge roller should be cleaned in the proper way and after using whatever detergent ,always finished off with water and dried with clean cloth.

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your help. When I scanned the examples I could not see the tan background in the color prints either. It is actually at my bosses church so I think we are going to kit the sucker. That should give me a fresh start and I will be able to service it like it should be from then on. From your posts I learned a lot. Did not know you could clean the units out. Also did not know about cleaning the charge roller. Have done these on other manufactures but Kyocera training said always replace. By the way what is the proper way to clean charge roller? Can you elaborate on this? By the way the transfer belt is white and I mean WHITE. Did not think it should look like that based on copy count. Anyway, once I kit it I will use the units removed to open them up and see whats up so I can be familiar with that. Also if you could elaborate on cleaning charge roller, that would be great. Again, thanks to everyone for you help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Thanks everyone for your help. When I scanned the examples I could not see the tan background in the color prints either. It is actually at my bosses church so I think we are going to kit the sucker. That should give me a fresh start and I will be able to service it like it should be from then on. From your posts I learned a lot. Did not know you could clean the units out. Also did not know about cleaning the charge roller. Have done these on other manufactures but Kyocera training said always replace. By the way what is the proper way to clean charge roller? Can you elaborate on this? By the way the transfer belt is white and I mean WHITE. Did not think it should look like that based on copy count. Anyway, once I kit it I will use the units removed to open them up and see whats up so I can be familiar with that. Also if you could elaborate on cleaning charge roller, that would be great. Again, thanks to everyone for you help.
    First, this machine uses dual component, therefore you cannot vacum out the dev or there will be no carrier. With kyocera, always look at bulletin1 for yourself and be familar with it as it gives the general specification for a new machine. subsequent bullteins are updates to improvements ect.
    Developing system Hybrid developingDeveloper: 2-component

If you look at the charge roller, it is probably white like the transfer belt as it picks up paper dust from the drum and get coated with it over time. It hinders the charge voltage coverage to the drum and with kyocera at least should be cleaned. Everyone has their own method of cleaning things and i have developed my own and will give a brief description. I use a cleaning agent,[ some use simple green] to clean the white paper dust from the roller. clean one section at a time and put enough on a cloth to just dampen the area. After that do the same with water and wip dry ,that's it. After cleaning, you can then tell the true state of the roller as you can see if there are marks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Prints in color changes paper to a light tan

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    First, this machine uses dual component, therefore you cannot vacum out the dev or there will be no carrier. With kyocera, always look at bulletin1 for yourself and be familar with it as it gives the general specification for a new machine. subsequent bullteins are updates to improvements ect.
    Developing system Hybrid developingDeveloper: 2-component

If you look at the charge roller, it is probably white like the transfer belt as it picks up paper dust from the drum and get coated with it over time. It hinders the charge voltage coverage to the drum and with kyocera at least should be cleaned. Everyone has their own method of cleaning things and i have developed my own and will give a brief description. I use a cleaning agent,[ some use simple green] to clean the white paper dust from the roller. clean one section at a time and put enough on a cloth to just dampen the area. After that do the same with water and wip dry ,that's it. After cleaning, you can then tell the true state of the roller as you can see if there are marks.
    This is about the closest to my own thoughts.

1) Yes it's dual component: Don't vacuum out the unit. Do vacuum out the extraneous toner around the imaging cavity.
    2) Yes, start with the "A" kit, clean the remaining primary rollers, and calibrate. At that point you can decide if any further work is required on the colors.
    2) I don't like the cloudy yellow image quality. If cleaning the primary doesn't crisp up the fill, you may need to change the yellow developer and/or drum.

Keep in mind that these color developers rarely make yield, so don't panic if you have to replace them early. Also, this is Kyocera color, not Konica Minolta or Toshiba or Canon color. When they say business color, that's as good as it gets. Graphic color just ain't happenin'. Search out the post by Eric that details the color calibration. You'll need that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just want to add to cleaning of the Charge roller, DO NOT put too much pressure on the roller when cleaning with cloth as you may take the top layer off. Be persistent but gentle.

I notice ongoing strip showing on all prints, which may be issue with transfer belt or just the cleaning of it. Check that as well.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Technician 500+ Posts

Thank you everyone for your support. Things have been crazy here such as clean up of things in the field. I will implement your suggestions and if that does not work, I will just do a full PM and start fresh. I found out that this was an off-lease machine that was placed after just a clean up. This issue started 8-12-15. on 12-11-15 the techs ticket indicated he performed "execute maint mode items". No maint items were replaced. I thought this was a No-No, am I correct?

Anyway, thanks again to all. You may not think but this has been extremely helpful to me. I hope that I can be helpful in time.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

just help out others on this forum thats thanks enough...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    This issue started 8-12-15. on 12-11-15 the techs ticket indicated he performed "execute maint mode items". No maint items were replaced. I thought this was a No-No, am I correct?
    The tech probably just ran maintenance mode calibrations and not necessarily anything related to PM.