Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 500+ Posts

Prints in color changes paper to a light tan

I have a CS 250ci that has 293,429 on it with it split 50% black and white and 50% color. I do not know the history of the machine. My issue is that b/w prints are fine and color prints are fine with the exception of when doing color the entire page has a tan background. If you placed a color print next to a b/w print, the b/w print's paper is white but the color print the paper is tan. Just wondering is anyone has seen this? Color registration is fine. If it were not for the tan issue all would be fine. Again I do not know the history of this machine so I suggested to completely PM it. I would however like to understand why it is doing what its doing. Lastly I need to ask about PM cycles on color machines. B/W pm kits that are based on 300k I think are to be done when the Black count is at 300k and the Color pm kits are based solely on the color count. Am I thinking correctly?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Prints in color changes paper to a light tan

Does the tan background exceed the print margins? Have you run any U089 test prints or can you upload some samples?

The PM cycles are based on the A kits (components used for any print engine usage) using total count and the B kit (color components only) using the color count. If you didn't have any B/W prints on a machine and you hit 300k color and total at the same time, you would replace both A and B at the same time.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What type of original is the color--print? copy? photograph? color text document?

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Technician 500+ Posts

The tan background covers the entire paper (edge to edge).

Let me make sure I understand. At 300k total regardless of how many are color or black and white, replace the A kit? Then at 300k on color only replace the B kit?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    The tan background covers the entire paper (edge to edge).

Let me make sure I understand. At 300k total regardless of how many are color or black and white, replace the A kit? Then at 300k on color only replace the B kit?
    That's correct. So you'd like an opinion on color quality, but will not provide a sample? Do you think that the paper is somehow changing as a result of the color copy process? Perhaps one of your other colors needs service or color calibration? I don't think that I'm quite psychic enough to diagnose a color issue without a color sample. Try U089 or something like this:

=^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Since you do not know the history of the machine, have you run a maintenance report and checked the settings against what the default settings should be? Many times a tech will make adjustments to correct one problem only to create others. To start troubleshooting the problem make sure all the settings are back at the default settings and then we can go from there. Without a known base point to start from you could chase your tail for days without getting a resolution.

Technician 500+ Posts

Sorry for not posting samples. Have not been back to machine. Will try today. Just so you know where I am with the Kyoceras, I was trained in Atlanta a few years ago and did not get much experience prior to me leaving the copier biz. Two months ago my old boss asked me to come back, so here I am. Trying to reacquaint myself with Kyoceras, the manuals, procedures, etc.. Kinda fell like running blind but in time things will get better.

Thanks for helping. Glad to see your still here Blackcat. You have been a great help to me in the past.

Santander, you may be right. The tech prior to me was an experienced tech but not with Kyocera. Who knows what he had done. Once I find what the defaults are I will compare them with the machine. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get to PM the sucker and start fresh.

Thanks again for everyones help. I am all there is and this forum is a blessing.

Technician 500+ Posts

Here are some samples.

CS250ci color issue.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can't really see any thing in the background on these for some reason, even switching between the b/w and color samples.

I would definitely go ahead and do the A kit. Looks like dev, drum, and belt are all having some varying issues. BTW, you can check your PM counts in U251 and the preset value (or cycle) in U250.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

looks like black drum and possibly developer is shot...

concerning color... if the machine isn't used often...I have seen color just go really bad... best bet is to calibrate the colors using the calibration sheet that you buy...

you also might end up replacing the colors...

when i had a similar issue...

I had to calibrate everything...

and it worked for a while but i eventually had to go back and replace the drums and developers... took no chances...

for me it was a magenta background...

I found out that these machines... need to have some color printed out of them every day... if not once a week...if not they start going bad...

That might be your case...

what i would do and this is an expensive what i would do...

see if you can get a used set of drums and developers and start fiddling... swapping in and out...

if the developer units are mono element... vacuum out the suckers and clean them up as good as new and try testing and calibrating... i've used that trick on a couple of kyocera/copystar color machines...

also vacuum out the drums... see if you can swap them around... might let you might not...

the whole idea is to try to make the color change... if you do then you know whats the problem...

and if you are going to replace the drum anyway... lift the drum... cleaning blade... clean it... and see if that helps... by lifting i mean taking out the screws holding it down...

also if there is toner or dust in the high voltage board contacts it can cause wierd issues...

wierd little machines...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too