Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Resetting data in used copier

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    The older machines had system initialization in the user menu. Running this would change any user settings back to default. I can't find it on the 3500i menu, so they must've done away with it.
    U021 blows all settings back to default including maint codes. I would assume if you did this one a color machine, a recalibration would be necessary. (464,412, 410, etc.)
    I've only had to use it a few times to fix really odd problems.
    Interesting. so U021 in this model will change u034 settings [ paper trays adjustment ] settings too ?. I know the TA-420i and up it does not change those settings. In the older falcon2 km-3035 u020 and u021 was included and u20 would change every settings to a true factory default. Also the service manual would say which settings would be changed. These newer machines does not include what is changed, and as we do redeployment, we like to erase all previous data and leave nothing to chance for the next customer.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Resetting data in used copier

I believe it does, but not guaranteed. I do the data sanitization on all machines we refurbish.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Interesting. so U021 in this model will change u034 settings [ paper trays adjustment ] settings too ?. I know the TA-420i and up it does not change those settings. In the older falcon2 km-3035 u020 and u021 was included and u20 would change every settings to a true factory default. Also the service manual would say which settings would be changed. These newer machines does not include what is changed, and as we do redeployment, we like to erase all previous data and leave nothing to chance for the next customer.
    No it will not change maintenance mode settings. I just tested this by changing the settings in LSU Top Out to max and then initialized it. All the settings stayed the same in U034.

Edit : Unless U034 is considered pertinent to the machine, cause U021 does not change those settings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genesistech View Post
    No it will not change maintenance mode settings. I just tested this by changing the settings in LSU Top Out to max and then initialized it. All the settings stayed the same in U034.

Edit : Unless U034 is considered pertinent to the machine, cause U021 does not change those settings.

Well, that settles it. The reason i asked about U034, is if it changes those settings ,then you would have to go through do all the adjustments again, which is not difficult after you done it a couple of times. When you don't do it often, then you tend to forget the procedures and it becomes frustrating. especially the scanner adjustments which requires the charts. good stuff to know.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke