Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

KM3050 Cf620 error

Unit was at a remote location giving this error code and locking up the copier. If I removed it from the network it copied just fine and would print out reports, etc. As soon as I connect back on the network it locks the system up and eventually codes out with the Cf620.

Brought the unit back to the shop and connected it to our network and am having no issues with the printer at this time. Firmware version is 2GR_2000.010.012 2007.05.11. I have read on this forum that the #1 cause of this problem is firmware which I do not have access to, any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. What I find interesting is that the unit is working just fine on a different network. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in this matter. I have included a scan of the Status page to look at.

Bil

KM3050 Status page.pdf

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar

Re: KM3050 Cf620 error

Yes.. You definitely need to update your firmware to the most current version.. If you consider 2010 as being "current".. LOL.. But seriously though, you are like 15 versions behind the most recent one.. No Joke..

Kyocera had several firmware versions through the years that addressed the CF620 errors for various reasons.. Most causes were due to things like: Print jobs being sent while machine was in sleep mode, API data communication issues, reception of a long size fax original, and.... (believe it or not), when a certain user with long user name and belongs to many groups logs in at network authentication..

Basically.. Long story short.. The machine's DDR-DIMM is most likely experiencing problems with data capacity overflow due to the machine's current abilities to process data.. Which is also why the machine's operation panel seems to lock-up right before coding out..

Are ya'll not a Kyocera/Copystar dealer.? The latest version is posted on the KDAConnect site..

Good Luck..
    JaT..

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM3050 Cf620 error

It's possible that you've to another manufacturers driver, or non-print data hitting the printers IP address. I've seen this before. The simplest solution is to change the IP of the printer, and the IP in the KYOCERA print drivers. Often, it's MacIntosh computers sending this corrupt data, since it's hard to find matching Kyocera to Mac drivers. Let the Oki and HP drivers continue to send data to that old IP. There will be nothing there.

If it were a firmware problem you would continue to have the problem while off the network. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

It's a long story why we have this machine but no we are not a Kyocera dealer. Thank you for the quick responses I will be trying these out. Changing the IP may be problematic as it is on a county network in the boondocks and their IT does not like to travel out that way but I will see what I can do with the information. Maybe I can get them to remote in when I'm out that way.

Thank you.

Bil

Thank you both for all of the help. Took the unit back yesterday and it appears to be working just fine. Now only time will tell.

Have a great day and a fantastic holiday weekend!

Bil

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar

You're welcome Brother..
    Hope you & family have a great weekend as well..

JaT..