Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Hi
    This machine is new(less than 1000 copies)I'm getting jams with paper entering fuser and stopping in fuser 1/4 way into the fuser.
    The machine says Error jam 4201 Location 12 Injet sensor.I replaced fuser unit with same results.Has anyone had this issue on 3510I
    before.I have only limited exp.with model.
    Thanks Andy

Re: Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Hi
    What happens if you test the sensors in service mode?
    If the sensors test correctly you might have a Engine PWB problem.
    Try updating the firmware before anything else.

Good luck
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.

Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Jam error code 420x indicates a non arrival of the paper at the fuser eject sensor, the 1 in the code just indicates it is from paper drawer 1. Does copying/printing from another paper tray work OK? When you run sim 031 and toggle the fuser exit sensor does it change state? We had this same code on a color machine a couple of days ago and as it turned out someone had moved the paper guides enough to cause a skew in the paper which caused a delay in the paper travel, but not enough to change the paper size. Start by running copies/prints from another paper drawer, if that works start looking at the paper pickup and feed from drawer one which is causing the paper feed to be delayed enough that it does not arrive on time at the fuser exit sensor.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    This machine is new(less than 1000 copies)I'm getting jams with paper entering fuser and stopping in fuser 1/4 way into the fuser.
    The machine says Error jam 4201 Location 12 Injet sensor.I replaced fuser unit with same results.Has anyone had this issue on 3510I
    before.I have only limited exp.with model.
    Thanks Andy
    This JAM code was seen frequent on the smaller MFPs, and Kyocera bulletin advised us to replace fuser unit, when it was the mylar strip that was causing the issue, but for this machine, try checking the Fuser exit sensor located on the fuser unit, place a piece of tape on it about 1 mm and see if that works.

Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Hi
    THANK YOU for all the excellent help.I was at customer today and tested thru sim U031.The fuser eject sensor did not respond.I am bringing another
    one tomorrow to replace.Ill let you know how it turns out,but I'm pretty sure that is the problem
    Thanks Andy

Kyocera 3510I /JAMMING

Hi
    It turned out to be a Bad Eject senor(this machine is new out of box with 10 copies on it)
    Thanks for all the help ANDY