Technician

Taskalfa 8001i J1301 Jams

Hi there. We have a customer with an 8001i that has just started to throw a J1301 code when trying to use cassette 1. The paper picks up but doesn't exit the feed unit, they do a lot of labels so we cleaned up the feed unit and the problem remained. So we replaced the entire feed unit mainly because they have done nearly a million prints from that one feed unit (another customer with 9 cassettes and they only use one).
    The jam still occurs. The code points to middle feed sensor which we have checked is sensor check and it's responding properly. All other cassettes work fine on test. Any ideas. Btw I really hate this machine.

Thanks for for any help with this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Taskalfa 8001i J1301 Jams

Quote Originally Posted by doinbox View Post
    Hi there. We have a customer with an 8001i that has just started to throw a J1301 code when trying to use cassette 1. The paper picks up but doesn't exit the feed unit, they do a lot of labels so we cleaned up the feed unit and the problem remained. So we replaced the entire feed unit mainly because they have done nearly a million prints from that one feed unit (another customer with 9 cassettes and they only use one).
    The jam still occurs. The code points to middle feed sensor which we have checked is sensor check and it's responding properly. All other cassettes work fine on test. Any ideas. Btw I really hate this machine.

Thanks for for any help with this.
    Have had issues with the assist feed clutches failing before anything else for some reason. It's pretty easy to test individual clutches in U032. Cheat the door and see if you're getting good drive to the assist rollers.

Technician

Just thought I'd update the post and let you know what it was. I took the Feed Drive assembly off and all the clutches where rusty as hell. So Replacing it. Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

1M is about right. I've been carrying these clutches for a while now. Mostly for the LCT trays, but they're all the same across the board. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I apologize for hijacking this thread, but have a weird issue regarding the clutches you folks mentioned above.

Got a TASKalfa 6501i at 1,7 mil and of course clutches were rusty as hell (J1301, etc). Replaced nine of them on the main unit and no error code, boots as usual. The problem is that no paper feed source will even try to pull any paper. I just get the standard jam code J0501/J0502 depending on the paper source. Strangely I don't hear anything on any of the clutches from U032. Triple checked all the connector and wires i messed with while replacing and everything is where it's supposed to be. Tested all the motors, switches, sensors, solenoids and all of them working as intended. Feels like the clutches aren't being powered for some reason.

I'm missing something here, and just can't get to it. Any idea or hint highly appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    I apologize for hijacking this thread, but have a weird issue regarding the clutches you folks mentioned above.

Got a TASKalfa 6501i at 1,7 mil and of course clutches were rusty as hell (J1301, etc). Replaced nine of them on the main unit and no error code, boots as usual. The problem is that no paper feed source will even try to pull any paper. I just get the standard jam code J0501/J0502 depending on the paper source. Strangely I don't hear anything on any of the clutches from U032. Triple checked all the connector and wires i messed with while replacing and everything is where it's supposed to be. Tested all the motors, switches, sensors, solenoids and all of them working as intended. Feels like the clutches aren't being powered for some reason.

I'm missing something here, and just can't get to it. Any idea or hint highly appreciated.

The feed clutches are connected to the feed pwb2. I would pull all the connectors from that board and reconnect them for a start. The feed pwb2 is then connected to the engine pwb. When checking with u32 use your meter to check for the 24v on the clutch and when executing the clutch test check for the signal 24 volts on the other clutch wire. i am sure you did u906. Also i would unplug all the other clutch connectors and concentrate on one, lets say the PFCL1, and then reconnect one by one or two ect. some of the other clutches are connected to other pwb e.g the mp tray is connected to feed pwb1 which is connected to the engine pwb.
    Also disconnect the other clutches and install one of the old clutch on an easy to get to and see what happens.
    Last edited by subaro; 08-26-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    The feed clutches are connected to the feed pwb2...
    The codes were J1302, J1303, J1304. Paper would pass from tray #1 but not from any other paper source. This machine would not turn On PCCL. When I checked YC5 pin2 to pin3 on the Feed PWB2 I got the 24vdc steady, but got no ground signal, even using U032 > Feed > V_Feed_CL. I replaced the Feed PWB2 to solve this problem. Maybe your Feed PWB2 is bad. Get out your meter. =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for tips guys. Gonna check everything again tomorrow and update.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The connector that goes to YC4 (PF clutch 1 and 2) was hidden inside the assy under the metal cover and i couldn't see it. I missed it as i was assembling.

The connector that goes to YC4 (PF clutch 1 and 2) was hidden inside the assy under the metal cover and i couldn't see it. I missed it as i was assembling.
    So this was problem was caused by missing connector YC4? Don't you hate it when you accidentally cause the problem? =^..^=