Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: F18A on FS6530

F18A on FS6530

I have a customer with a FS-6530 that started with a F245 even when network cable was unplugged. I couldn't get it to clear, so I used the Kyocera recovery firmware and now all I get is a F18A. Tried a different main board and still F18A turn off/on to resume. Any clues on which way to go?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: F18A on FS6530

Update firmware using the complete firmware pack.

What do you mean by complete firmware? I tried the latest firmware 8.01 after the recovery firmware and it wouldn't start would just go to F18A

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    F18A on FS6530

Can you check the firmware level in service mode? CF18A is Incompatible Engine Firmware. Either you loaded the wrong level at some point, or are now trying to load the wrong level. If you cannot get the firmware to take, you may have to change the Engine PWB, then try the correct firmware again. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Did you load the Turbo pack (firmware) or just the firmware?

Just the firmware the bulletin said not to use the turbo pack. I'm headed back over there to try the recover firmware again.
    Current firmware for main is 2MW 2F00.008.004 Engine is 2K3 1000.008.012 Engine Boot 2K3 1100.001.007

Machine was locked up did what the bulletin said the only thing that didn't happen was it saying complete. Kyocera said may take up to 20 mins I had only let it go 15 min. Reinstalled and let it go for over an hour and stll didn't say completed.

I really do appreciate the time that all of you take to give me help.

Bob

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Ok, Let's be clear. There are different firmware update types and methods. There is the full complete F/W, which has the complete set of firmware files. Then there is the Turbo mode which checks the current firmware and installs the ones that is outdated, it takes quicker and we use it all the time. Then there is the emergency update method, that is listed in some of the service manuals. This is used when you are having update problems and others. After you use this method, you must do the full update afterwards. Correct me if i got anything wrong here experts.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Machine up and running! Went back did recovery firmware and V8.01 and this time it worked. I don't know why I would have had to use the recovery firmware on the board I got from Hytec. That was the only thing I didn't do yesterday. Thanks for all the information. I've been doing this for a long time and don't usually have to ask for help. I'm glad you guys were there to help me.
    Thanks
    Bob

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenni138 View Post
    Machine up and running! Went back did recovery firmware and V8.01 and this time it worked. I don't know why I would have had to use the recovery firmware on the board I got from Hytec. That was the only thing I didn't do yesterday. Thanks for all the information. I've been doing this for a long time and don't usually have to ask for help. I'm glad you guys were there to help me.
    Thanks
    Bob

Great that you got the machine up and running and your thanks is noted. See if you make a remark like " I've been doing this for a long time and don't usually have to ask for help ", that means you know quite a bit and you can pop in now and again and share your expertise and guide some others along. sure you can do that.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician
    F18A on FS6530

I m having the same problem but in my case I dont have the firmware. Can anybody help me out where to get the firmware for Kyocera FS6530 ?