Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Which Kon.Min. feed rollers are preferred to use in 4550ci ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Well, I didn't realize that problem cause we are using after market tires without hub but I recall that in the past we used compressed air between the hub and the tire to get them off. Hard to explain how it works but it does. The air somehow expands the rubber and than its much easier to push the hub out.

Hans
    Re: Compressed Air
    I/we use the same compressed air expansion method to replace rubber sleeves on tool handles,splines and likewise children's wooden cricket bat handles. You have to form a seal at the point of air input and the rubber sleeve will expand and slide over the shaft with a cushion of air as a lubrication effect. The air compressor sleeve insertion method works very well; the compressor provides the largest volume and pressure of air flow required to do the job.

The problem though with feed tyre sleeves; you can't take the air compressor into the customers office.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Which Kon.Min. feed rollers are preferred to use in 4550ci ?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    ... The problem though with feed tyre sleeves; you can't take the air compressor into the customers office.
    Well you can ... but an air compressor is heavy, noisy, and you only need it for 10 seconds at a time. It hardly seems worth all the hauling, and space in the car, and the racket, and hooking up cords, ... all for 10 seconds of use.

The manual press works quite nicely for 1/2 dozen rollers. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    quantity (2) A00J 5636 00
    quantity (1) A5C1 5622 00

You'll have to use the original hubs on many models, but the rubber seems to be universal. This is what I use to press off the rubber:

Attachment 33688Attachment 33689

NeoMatrix has several fine ideas for roller presses.
    For the full thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...highlight=A5C1

=^..^=

How difficult is it using that tool to remove the neoprene roller from the konica or kyocera hub ?. We only use oem rollers as the company pays for it. Once i wanted to use the neoprene Feed/sep rollers used on the kyocera LCT PF-750 and attempted to remove it from the hub. I huffed, puffed and banged and it was as hell to get off. Alcohol does not work to remove these as with rubber rollers and they does not seem to stretch a micrometer. So what is the easiest method to remove the neoprene rollers ?, as i want to use a few for a project.
    And is it just as difficult to install in the hub. I used up huge joules in removing that roller, hoping for a much easier method.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    How difficult is it using that tool to remove the neoprene roller from the Konica or Kyocera hub?
    It takes some hand strength to operate. With all modesty, perhaps I might have more hand strength than the average person. If you can get a drop or two of glass cleaner or water in between rubber and hub, it becomes easier. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Thanks!

For the sake of simplicity and convenience, I like this roller press the best. It's one of Neo's ideas. Start with a worn out (or new) stubby Phillips screwdriver. For comfort and ease of operation you'll want a minimally short handle that will fit nicely into your palm and the shaft cut to a short length, so you can use your fingers to hold the rubber.

Attachment 33690

I've spent way too much time thinking about this and other projects. Another potential for a great universal tire remover (but not installer) is a standard hose removal tool. They may work fine as is, or maybe it might be beneficial to grind out the center of the "V" slot to a 9mm radius to accommodate the hub OD.

Attachment 33691
    The hard part of the tire swap seems to be getting the new rubber off the hub intact. We don't care so much what happens to the old rubber.
    I'll be interested in your thoughts on the subject. =^..^=

Here is my solution i thinkered with and found to work with ease for removing and installing. The tool is essentially an eyebolt with washers that is applicable. This can be modified or upgraded with some imagination.
    The neoprene roller seen in the pics below could never be removed with hand strength, it's just too tight in that hub, no compress air or push assy would move that roller. The roller is from the kyocera pf-750 console.
    The nut runs down the thread fast and tightening does not necessarily need a wrench, but if difficult an open end wrench to hold the nut can be used or better i saw a plastic wing type nut assy at the hardware that can be used. The bolt is 1/4 inch and cost 1.50 . This works fantastic and if i had to change rollers this is what i would be using with a little bit of modification. It can accomodate any size roller in width and most shaft are 1/4 inch or more, so most rollers can be used. enjoy and let me hear the feed backs.20160828_154703.jpg20160828_154211.jpg
    The washer below the roller was to prevent the device from rolling off the table.
    patent pending

One pic shows removal and the other installation. This would never damage the hub or roller and can be installed without using any liquid as lubricant, but using water or other installs better. when the install is done an plier should be used around the roller to even out the roundness so the surface is level end to end and not with a bulge, this is what i found anyway.
    Last edited by subaro; 08-28-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

These gadgets! I don't get it. Push the hub up through the rubber the roller wiggles off pretty darn easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    These gadgets! I don't get it. Push the hub up through the rubber the roller wiggles off pretty darn easily.

Obviously you have not worked with the neoprene rollers, they are not elastic like the rubber rollers and getting them off and on the hub is not an easy task, if you are going to keep the roller and hub intact. Neoprene rollers are not like rubber rollers, very different materials.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Obviously you have not worked with the neoprene rollers, they are not elastic like the rubber rollers and getting them off and on the hub is not an easy task, if you are going to keep the roller and hub intact. Neoprene rollers are not like rubber rollers, very different materials.
    Konica Minolta A00J563600? I've done hundreds. If anything the different material makes it easier to get off. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Konica Minolta A00J563600? I've done hundreds. If anything the different material makes it easier to get off. But that's just my opinion.

I have never removed the rollers you mentioned or any of the other guys mentioned above. I don't really work on konica as such. If you read my entire post on this thread i was referring to the kyocera rollers on the pf-750 console. I can give you now untill christmas and you will never remove those with hand strength. Other neoprene roller i see are sometimes easier, but nevertheless difficult to wiggle out the drum.

20160828_192820.jpg

see the thickness on the roller above, that thing does not move one iota, you can get nothing between that roller and hub and you cannot push with hand strength. only some mechanical or hydraulic device will move that roller out of that hub.