Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

CS 4551ci Vrs Okadata ES9465

While I mostly do service, I also sell. Now I am up against a Okidata ES9465 and will propose a
    CS/KM 4551CI. The Oki shows a retail of $22K so I wonder if they will be WAY high. I haven't seen anything from Oki passed the Dot matrix printers other than Small stuff. Any ideas, other than sell my great service and responce. They know that already as they have been a customer.
    Thanks Gar The Pilot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: CS 4551ci Vrs Okadata ES9465

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    While I mostly do service, I also sell. Now I am up against a Okidata ES9465 and will propose a
    CS/KM 4551CI. The Oki shows a retail of $22K so I wonder if they will be WAY high. I haven't seen anything from Oki passed the Dot matrix printers other than Small stuff. Any ideas, other than sell my great service and responce. They know that already as they have been a customer.
    Thanks Gar The Pilot.
    The Oki is only a 35 ppm unit so going to a 4551ci may be over kill. As for retail, don't count on it, if it is a higher volume OKI dealer you are up against, they will get plenty of price breaks that will cut that in half. Sad to say that selling your service and response at least in our area means little, we just lost a customer of 12 years who ranted about our service, for $300.00 on a quote for a new color unit! Yet they asked us if we could service their new unit if they had problems! Beware of customer loyalty as it is very fleeting against the bottom line as they deterine it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

If quality becomes an issue, the Oki will give a more fully saturated, brighter image, much closer to graphic quality.

Oki consumables are going to be a lot more expensive. You should be able to price your service contract quite a bit lower. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Looks like a re-branded Toshiba.. NO?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Reed > Correct. Toshiba and OKI have been sharing technology for a couple of years now. OKI rebrands the copiers/MFD's from Toshiba and Toshiba gets the printers.

Blackcat > Absolutely correct! Oki does change the drivers and Software to enhance the graphics reproduction to produce a very realistic output. Changing color profiles on the 4551ci helps, but does not approach it unless you add the Fiery Controller which adds quite a bit the acquisition cost. For an authorized OKI dealer the pricing for supplies would be about a $0.03 per color page more than a Kyocera/Copystar unit [we are a dealer for both], however OKI's lead time on the supplies is typically 30-60 days so it forces us to stock higher levels of consumables to protect ourselves which adds costs. We like both depending on what the customer's requirements/expectations are for output and what they are willing to spend for that output. From a purely sales approach, Gar needs to determine what his customer's color requirements are and which is more important, cost or fidelity and which department/user is driving the need for color output which will help in determining the direction to go.