Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera M6526CDN

Hi

Anybody ever had an issue with the Kyocera M6526CDN spilling toner on printed pages? It is not on every page. In a run of 10 pages maybe 2 pages will have a blotch of toner on it. It seems to be mainly the black but I've had it on CMY too. Is there maybe a setting that can be tried for this is Service Mode. I've been told to try the Altitude Adj setting, which i have done but it didn't help. I experience this with both generic and OEM toners. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M6526CDN

Re: Kyocera M6526CDN

The developer units are the cause of this issue. If you remove the top of the developer unit you will see lumps of toner on the return screw. These lumps eventually get caught between the magnetic developer roller and the hybrid roller and break up. but they leave a large mark of toner on the hybrid roller which in turn leave the smudges on the page.

We carry a 100 Micron lab sieve and screen the developer and the problem goes away. At least for a while.

This has been an issue since the FS-C2026 and still continues today. There is not sufficient agitation in the developer transport to break up these lumps.

Best of luck.

Larhal

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

From the control panel menu, i believe maintenance menu there is the the drum refresh and the dev clean function. The lack of use or little use can cause clumping
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TA_Tech View Post
    Hi

Anybody ever had an issue with the Kyocera M6526CDN spilling toner on printed pages? It is not on every page. In a run of 10 pages maybe 2 pages will have a blotch of toner on it. It seems to be mainly the black but I've had it on CMY too. Is there maybe a setting that can be tried for this is Service Mode. I've been told to try the Altitude Adj setting, which i have done but it didn't help. I experience this with both generic and OEM toners. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
    When that problem occurs, I use a dry piece of cloth to wipe the surface of the Developer unit mag roller until all the lumps or fine particles on it are gone, it normally works after cleaning wit dry cloth and keep turning.