Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Task Alfa 3500i print issue

Sorry for the previous post ending in print. I know better, just had a serious Friday brain fart.......So I have a Task Alfa 3500i that will not print at all. I can ping it, have the KX driver loaded but no test page. No blinking data lite, nothing. It did have Paper Port as an app but I deleted it so........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Task Alfa 3500i print issue

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    Sorry for the previous post ending in print. I know better, just had a serious Friday brain fart.......So I have a Task Alfa 3500i that will not print at all. I can ping it, have the KX driver loaded but no test page. No blinking data lite, nothing. It did have Paper Port as an app but I deleted it so........
    In case you didn't see the thread I made for you, my response was:

Have you tried direct connecting or at the very least bypassing any switches, routers, or firewalls that may be affecting traffic to the copier?

edit: Just also considered that you may have an IP conflict. Unplug your CAT5 from the copier and ping again.
    Last edited by wragsdale; 08-12-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Unless you can get to the web page, you don't know what you're pinging. As Wragsdale said, unplug it then ping. If you can get to the web page, it's a port issue.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Delete the current print driver and re-install it using the latest KX driver package. Upon re-installing, select using the printer name versus the IP address, this will eliminate any IP conflicts, which I believe you have. As Tony said, just pinging the IP address does not mean that you are getting to the machine it could be another computer on the network. Unless a DHCP reservation was made for the machine it could have received a new IP address, after a power failure DHCP will re-assign IP addresses and you could now be trying to print to a computer which of course will not work. Have you checked what the 3500i's ip address is from the machine's control panel and whether it is dynamic [DHCP] or static? Just a few things to check.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Just a thought. Are there any accounting codes being used?

Technician

how about if you connected as an USB device did you try it if cannot print also something related to main PCB before replacing any parts try U906 if no good try u24 if no good try u21.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks all. No dual IP address on network. I'm just stupid. Found a bad Ethernet connector on the machine side. Made a new cable and it prints now. How I could ping it I have no idea unless the connector was faulty (loose connection).

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The ping command is very basic. There was enough of a physical connection to ping it, but not enough data was getting through to open the web page or make it print.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook