Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: TASKALFA 2551 CI

Not to but in but you guys arent getting the point that hes trying to give you most of us work our whole life for these asshole dealers and in the end we get nothing and it's the truth. And the pay isnt even worth it tats why dealers today are starving for techs the dealer up the street cant even get a tech to apply for a job so whats that tell ya???
    Quote Originally Posted by ctl-alt-del View Post
    it's time to analyze this thread...

I can't fix it, i need help
    (seems like a reasonable request, that's what this site is here for)

but i can fix everything, i've never not been able to fix everything, i can't be beat, even my meat can't be beat.
    (please excuse the double negative, it was for comedic effect.)

wow, machine is already fixed, i didn't fix it but i'm still the best. Btw, i'm not going to tell you how it was fixed because the guy that actually fixed it won't answer the phone when i call.
    (the customer called in and said, please send a different tech next time, the last guy was here 5 times and it's still broke)

btw, i work at a big dealer and even though i have no use for reasonable punctuation and grammar, i make a lot more money than any of you so i'm better.

Technician

Please attached bulletin regarding the original issue posted about in this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc87 View Post
    Please attached bulletin regarding the original issue posted about in this thread.
    Only bit of sense in this thread. Thanks for posting. This could prove useful and something to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar

Be sure to order 302K094042 instead of 302K094041. It has become a mandatory replacement for us. It's a bit of work to get to, but it can be done fairly quickly if you don't bother removing the front door etc..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Yes, the nozzle gear failure has been a common problem here along with random splotches from the dev units. If you follow the bulletins then the only fix for both these issues is to replace the nozzle(if it's failed) update the firmware (changes to dev bias timing) fit a new transfer belt and replace the developer units producing the splotches.
    Having said that, I have seen the exact issue described at the start of the thread and the nozzle was fine. Fix was to replace the transfer belt.
    As for the rants, my dad would have said "if you don't have something useful/nice to say, then don't say anything"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yep, it's always the transfer belt on 2551ci. I never had a PIPE TRANSFER CLEANING ASSY fail in any of my 2551ci, though i had few of them fail on 2550ci. In this case i don't replace transfer belts unless machine has hit 200k+, where i just go with MK-8325A. I just disassemble the waste toner drainage part on the transfer belt and clean/vacuum it. My guess is it gets stuck due to bad quality paper, humidity and dust in general, and spitting it out instead of going with it to the waste toner box. Also, sometimes the toner powder turns to stone on the very exit (plastic opening on a spring) blocking the path and preventing the spiral to rotate.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

I've had 8 2551ci's blow out the pipe transfer cleaning assy. Mandatory replacement for us too.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~