Kyocera KM-2550 no usb connection

Just installed this unit to a customer that just updated to Windows 10 and Windows won't connect thru the USB port, doesn't see the KM. I swapped interface and main board but to no avail.
    Anyone had this problem? Firmware the issue? I initialized machine thru service mode but didn't help.
    It was working fine thru NIC at previous location, but this customer is not networked, so local is the was to go.

Thanx for all help.

Brian

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Kyocera KM-2550 no usb connection

Quote Originally Posted by bayshoreoe View Post
    Just installed this unit to a customer that just updated to Windows 10 and Windows won't connect thru the USB port, doesn't see the KM. I swapped interface and main board but to no avail.
    Anyone had this problem? Firmware the issue? I initialized machine thru service mode but didn't help.
    It was working fine thru NIC at previous location, but this customer is not networked, so local is the was to go.

Thanx for all help.

Brian

USB installation can be frustrating, especially if the computer it was installed on it already has the drivers and microsoft plug and play detected and installed it. In those cases where the computer would not recongize the machine, you have to remove the old drivers, sometimes to registry level. First determine the the usb port is actually not working by pluging in your laptop with a usb cable, the laptop would see the machine as a new and attemp to install it.
    Also with your laptop and crossover nic cable, get into the command center and under the basic menu, choose to reset the machine to factory default.
    For simplicity, i still like xp for quick checks and computer bootup time.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Ok, let's do this another way. Go to kyocera usa and download the printer deleter from the print utilities menu. use the utility to delete the kyocera print drivers and usb drivers associated with the printer. remove the usb calbe and restart the computer. when the computer is fully ready, insert the usb cable that is connected from the printer to the computer, the computer should automatically detect the machine and you can continue with the driver installation.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

A few more things, this KM was never installed on this computer, and this PC is not part of the network.

I dl the KM software but since Windows never sees the KM, the KM software finds nothing to uninstall.

Lastly, used old parallel cable and got it working that way I'm not happy with that but the customer is.

Thanx again for the replies.
    Brian

firmware fixes numerous issues generally. If the firmware has not been updated, that is the first thing that should be done. first you have to make sure the usb port is working, before even looking at win 10. when you print out the satatus page, is the usb port listed. Also the service mode initialize does not wipe the machine entirely.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera KM-2550 no usb connection

Quote Originally Posted by bayshoreoe View Post
    A few more things, this KM was never installed on this computer, and this PC is not part of the network.

I dl the KM software but since Windows never sees the KM, the KM software finds nothing to uninstall.

Lastly, used old parallel cable and got it working that way I'm not happy with that but the customer is.

Thanx again for the replies.
    Brian
    You said this KM was never installed on this computer, was any KM installed on it before the upgrade to Win10? If so you may still have some dll files still registered in the registry that are not compatible with Win10. Subaro's suggestion to run the KM deleter utility makes sense as it does not only search for connected devices, more importantly it searches the file directory and registry for all print driver files whether they are Kyocera's or other manufacturer's devices. Delete any KM files it discovers and try again. Have you tried connecting your laptop to the device via USB and seeing if it is detected and installed? We have several 2550's working via USB on Win10, but we have always run the delete first and started from scratch on the install using administrator credentials, even running the KX driver setup program requires you to right click on the setup.exe and choose run as administrator regardless of the logged on users credentials as Win10 will ignore any file replacements associated with the core operating system without this. Hope this helps.