Dinosaur

DF790 pages misaligned when stapling & 3 hole punching

Problem with first 2 or 3 pages in a set not jogged properly when stapling with 3 hole punch or when offsetting 3 hole punch sets without staples. Staple only or straight stacking 3 hole punch sets are perfectly aligned. The DF790 is attached to a 8000i and has the newest firmware installed. The worst case is when there are 2 pages in the set, page 1 is 5 mm away from the paper stop when stapled. This is very consistent. It appears to be due to the timing of the paper when sheet 1 goes around the large roller and meets up with page 2. The jogging paddles can not adjust the first page as it enters the processing tray with page 2 on top of it.
    I have update firmware, installed new jogger blade A, tried finisher control board, punch control board, punch unit, swapped out 2 of the transport motors & removed the large roller assy to make sure there was nothing for the holes to catch on in the area.(what a job) Thought it might be a dirty sensor but works perfect when not punching the pages; cleaned them any way.
    Any ideas out there???

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DF790 pages misaligned when stapling & 3 hole punching

Re: DF790 pages misaligned when stapling & 3 hole punching

Most of the time, if you replace the grey rubber paddles it will resolve it. There are two sets in there, a long set & a shorter set. They are square when new and I bet yours are rounded, especially if it has over 1 mil on it. You can flip them over to get it working if you don't have a set.
    I've also had bad paper cause the same thing.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Dino, I think there was a change to the shaft that holds those drums that are so much fun to remove. I think it was changed to have a holding pin on both ends to hold the drums more securely, but not certain.

Tony, your avatar is disgusting.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

I realize this is an ancient post but I have a customer that asked me to look at his Kyocera. I only work on his Konica Minoltas and this post is describing exactly what his finisher is doing. I have the parts manual but with out experience on this machine I dont want to order parts. Any chance someone has the correct part numbers for the parts in question?

Thank you
    Im a Loser Baby!!!