Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    CS3010i original orientation issue

Have a CS3010i with a DP772 document feeder which randomly/intermittently turns the image to landscape and cuts off the image. Original is being placed in adf in portrait direction and copying on to paper in portrait direction. This will also occur when copying from the glass. This is a brand new machine. Usually working on Ricohs so not entirely familiar with the newer Kyoceras. Does the ADF need to be set up with a special original from Kyocera/Copystar? We updated the firmware, machine is set to auto paper select. Any help appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: CS3010i original orientation issue

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Have a CS3010i with a DP772 document feeder which randomly/intermittently turns the image to landscape and cuts off the image. Original is being placed in adf in portrait direction and copying on to paper in portrait direction. This will also occur when copying from the glass. This is a brand new machine. Usually working on Ricohs so not entirely familiar with the newer Kyoceras. Does the ADF need to be set up with a special original from Kyocera/Copystar? We updated the firmware, machine is set to auto paper select. Any help appreciated.
    Try Cleaning the width sensors under the original table. Paper dust and just plain dust can cover the the metal contacts and cause a miss reading of the paper width. Had a unit just last week that would jump from letter to statement randomly, cleaned the sensor strip and have not had a problem since and this customer not only copies a lot, but scans twice as much.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Try Cleaning the width sensors under the original table. Paper dust and just plain dust can cover the the metal contacts and cause a miss reading of the paper width. Had a unit just last week that would jump from letter to statement randomly, cleaned the sensor strip and have not had a problem since and this customer not only copies a lot, but scans twice as much.
    Agreed. It's usually pretty easy to duplicate. Just change to copy mode and see what original size is being detected in the original tray when you insert LTR paper. Usually it's LTR being misrepresented as Statement-R, and consequently rotated and/or enlarged. Simple separate the two halves of the original tray. Clean the PWB and comb with alcohol and lubricate lightly with conductive grease. Don't bend on the comb! It's delicate and very easy to damage.

This goes for all Kyocera's going back at least as far the the Falcon I series. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the replies, it's only been in customer's office for a couple of weeks and is a clean environment but will take your advice and start there. This wouldn't account for the same issue from the glass though? Will try cleaning sensors under the glass as well. I have to admit that I didn't do all the adjustments per the set up instructions for the ADF because I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. Just checked registration lead to trail edge and side to side and called it good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it's only been in customer's office for a couple of weeks and is a clean environment but will take your advice and start there. This wouldn't account for the same issue from the glass though? Will try cleaning sensors under the glass as well. I have to admit that I didn't do all the adjustments per the set up instructions for the ADF because I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. Just checked registration lead to trail edge and side to side and called it good.
    If this is happening from the glass as you said, then something with the image processing pwb is corrupted or faulty. First i would do a format of the hard drive from the service mode u24 and if that fails, then do a u21. If still fail, then replace the main pwb or check where the scanner and adf are connected to and replace those board. If you have kyocera dealership, call tech support and they will advise which parts to replace, so in this way you would be off the hook for unwarranted parts replaced.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke