Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera Setup Tool

Re: Kyocera Setup Tool

resurrecting an old thread here but does anyone have the original application/installer?
    dealer portal link now 404's

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Page Not Found

Here's the link. Before clicking on the link you'll probably have to log into kdacentral and then come back to this thread and click on the link.

For the record - We love this tool! At least once we figured out how it works.

Before replacing a Kyocera with another Kyocera at a customer's office, we will grab the U917 info from their old copier and convert the Address Book, One Touch Keys, and Job Accounting to their new equipment before it even leaves our office.

Much easier than hooking both copiers up in the customer's office and transferring the info via net viewer.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    Page Not Found

Here's the link. Before clicking on the link you'll probably have to log into kdacentral and then come back to this thread and click on the link.

For the record - We love this tool! At least once we figured out how it works.

Before replacing a Kyocera with another Kyocera at a customer's office, we will grab the U917 info from their old copier and convert the Address Book, One Touch Keys, and Job Accounting to their new equipment before it even leaves our office.

Much easier than hooking both copiers up in the customer's office and transferring the info via net viewer.
    PLEASE

If possible can you, step by step list the procedure? For whatever reason I seem to have zero luck and T.S. is not much help.

THANKS MUCH....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Setup Tool

From the source copier run 917 and select everything ( not just address book, etc ) to export.

Run setup tool as Admin and choose "File -> Convert" and select the folder with your exported files

Choose the model for your destination machine and save the output to a thumdrive to use for your import.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    From the source copier run 917 and select everything ( not just address book, etc ) to export.

Run setup tool as Admin and choose "File -> Convert" and select the folder with your exported files

Choose the model for your destination machine and save the output to a thumdrive to use for your import.
    ^ That's pretty much it.

What I do is this:

1) U917 export address book, job accounting, and one touch key to my usb drive
    2) Plug the flash drive into my computer and move all files from the root directory to a folder called "Old files"
    3) open setup tool
    4) select File > Convert
    5) select the "Old Files" folder on your usb drive and press OK
    6) select the model of the NEW copier you're transferring the content to and press OK
    7) It'll ask you where you want the files created. Select the usb drive (You'll want it in the root directory) and press OK
    8) Put the usb drive in the copier and run U917
    9) select import and highlight address book, job accounting, and one touch key and execute.
    10) done!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Setup Tool

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    ^ That's pretty much it.

What I do is this:

1) U917 export address book, job accounting, and one touch key to my usb drive
    2) Plug the flash drive into my computer and move all files from the root directory to a folder called "Old files"
    3) open setup tool
    4) select File > Convert
    5) select the "Old Files" folder on your usb drive and press OK
    6) select the model of the NEW copier you're transferring the content to and press OK
    7) It'll ask you where you want the files created. Select the usb drive (You'll want it in the root directory) and press OK
    8) Put the usb drive in the copier and run U917
    9) select import and highlight address book, job accounting, and one touch key and execute.
    10) done!

That's it. I'm just too lazy to type it all out.

On step 1 we've always had to export everything to get it to work. If we just exported those 3 we couldn't convert. I haven't tried it since the early version. Maybe they fixed it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Thanks much for the step by step instructions. If this works for me , installations will be much less stressful.

Thanks Again

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Kyocera Setup Tool

btw, netviewer works one machine at a time as well.
    i import then export. saves it as a zip file.
    i rarely get to plug bot machines at the same time.
    just choose save to file from the old machine and create from fil on the new one. netviewer converts just fine.
    the setup tool failed me 4 times so i refuse to even try anymore.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

You can download the setting from KFS then convert them for the new machine. You don't have to see both machines that way.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I always use the setup tool "convert" function. it does the whole batch of what's possible in one step.

first, export ALL the 917 data to USB from old copier. Certain models won't convert unless you export everything at once.
    point the setup tool to the usb using the convert function, set destination model , point to a local folder for save destination, boom done!

erase the USB, and put the saved files from the local folder onto the usb.
    put usb in new copier, 917 import the first four buttons ONLY(address bk, one touch, accounting, user)

extras:
    -Don't use the same folder location for convert and save, because it might lead to files of the same name depending on which models you're working with.
    -I always open the new address book file afterwards using the tool to verify that I converted the correct files, and that the output isn't blank.
    -If your customer has altered their machine admin password, it will be carried-over to the new machine and you won't be able to setup anything further without their password. This can be remedied by flashing a stock "user" file exported from a new copier.

We are able to export via KFS (with the user's help) and do conversions/setups at our office so that new copiers are practically plug-and-play, which is helpful when many of the customers are 1-3 hours drive away!
    Last edited by sparkycivic; 08-09-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: some formatting